The big battle of GOOD Vs. EVIL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

While I was looking for news at http://www.sonicnet.com I saw something interesting. The Plastic Queen of Lipsynching (aka Britney Spears) is going on tour this fall (article: Britney Will Explain 'What It's Like To Be Me' On Fall Tour).
I was interested if she would destroy her carreer by submerging herself in megalomania. Alas, she isn't touring (half-empty) stadiums this fall but only arenas (AFAIK). The names certainly look familiar now, as she performs in many venues U2 performed during the first (and will perform in the third) Elevation leg. But then I saw this:
--
Britney Spears tour dates, according to her Jive Records Web site:
[snip]
11/17 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden
11/18 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden
--
Compare this with the U2 tour schedule:
Nov. 18 - Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center

U2 AND BRITNEY SPEARS WILL PERFORM IN THE SAME CITY ON THE SAME DAY!! This will truly be a battle of Good Vs. Evil, the heart Vs. the plastic, rock Vs. pop, musicianship Vs. marketing. This will be Judgement Day, the future of the world will be decided that day (OK, maybe not, but you'll get my point).

BTW, isn't it fitting that this battle will take place in Las Vegas, home of the neon, of the trash, of maybe a baby Jesus under the trash. Here is a chance to defeat Britney on her home ground, surrounded by all the glitter and the glamour.
smile.gif

Anyway, I'll urge all of you who are going to Las Vegas to start practising the WOOHOO's so Britney will be crushed when we get to the stand-off as in the Elevation video. This will be a battle we cannot afford to lose!

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Please, anyone, say that the Thomas & Mack Center is bigger/more prestigious than the MGM Grand Garden.
confused.gif

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I predict riots in the streets! Ah, there's nothing better then the smell of beaten up teens in the morning.

Maybe Bono can pollish up his MacPhisto act and phone the MGM Grand Garden to say there's a bomb hidden in one of Britneys boobs!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Ah, there's nothing better then the smell of beaten up teens in the morning.

Really? I still prefer napalm though
wink.gif

It would be great though, all those teens singing "Hit me baby one more time"
biggrin.gif

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Wow, that's interesting.

I think it would be nice if Bono calls Britney and invite her to their show. Then she doesn't feel so alone. That poor girl;-)

Since Frank passed, the city became theirs. Don't mess with 4 micks in Vegas, they'll kill you just to watch your boobs pop.

Back
Top Bottom