SURVIVOR: Until the end of the round (AB - FINAL ROUND!!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm tough one...my two favourites. However I have to vote off One, because I think The Fly is the album's defining track in terms of its themes, sound, lyrics, sonic impact, its enduring freshness etc etc it is simply one of U2's greatest triumphs, narrowly pipping One in my case anyway:)

They're both terrific songs, and while One has certainly been overplayed over the years it still stands as the epitome of U2's massive catalogue.

The lyrics of both songs are clever, as are the musical moments, but the The Fly just loses out due to competing head-on with the greatest song ever written.

The Fly, you're history!!!!!!!!! Throw it off.

The Fly is good live, but on the record, not as good as One

The Fly must go!!!!

PEPO
ACROBAT FAN CLUB PRESIDENT (we shall rise again!!!!!!!... you'll see us...)

The Fly!

Who cares if you're sick of listening to One, so am I, but no way is Fly a better song than One!

Hmmm ... I'm really tempted to vote for One here because I prefer The Fly, but which is actually the better song? When I think about it, One is. So my vote goes to The Fly.

If you ask me, Love Is Blindness or Acrobat should've won this round ... or at least Mysterious Ways, which I find to be quite an addictive song.

Dangit! My computer has been messed up the past few days so I've missed out on the last couple of rounds. First, let me say

Jeezaloo! How the heck did "Acrobat" stay in so long?!?!?!?! Sure it's good, but not thaaaaaaaaaaat good.

Well anyway, I guess I'd have to go ahead and vote for "The Fly." "One" is, as with most people (atleast I think so), my favorite song by the group. It can't lose! It just can't!! :eek:

Last edited:
The Fly

Great song but One is just so well put together and though it is overplayed it has great power and is an amzing musical moment.

And please explain how One doesn't fit AB to who ever said that? The mood and fell of it is totally AB. Has a fair bit in common with older U2 slower songs but it doesn't sound like JT or RH. Definitely for this album.

Zoocoustic said:
The Fly (this song shouldn't have made it this far!)

Of course it should..anyone with a semblance of taste can see its one of the album's strongest and most key tracks.:)

Whats The Story? said:

Of course it should..anyone with a semblance of taste can see its one of the album's strongest and most key tracks.:)

It might be 'key' to the band's new image at the time, but no way is it 'strong' or even one of its better songs. Anyone with 'a semblance of taste' should see that Acrobat is a better song and should be here. If not, surely UTEOTW or MW. But certainly not this one.

The Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom