SURVIVOR: The kid's aren't alright. (AB - Round 9)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Kitten said:

:down:

Did you ever consider that though some may play that game, there may be some people who actually prefer the songs on the album that are not hits?? Give me Acrobat, Ultraviolet, and Love Is Blindness anytime over MW, WGRYWH, EBTTRT or The Fly. I am constantly flabbergasted that the last 3 on the CD are getting called 'weak'- they are not only the most beautiful, but the most intricate too! One is probably the simplest song on the album. My least favorite of those left is The Fly though.

Of course not everyone does that, but it obvious that enough do it.. I don't hold that 'Wild Horses is one of the strongest songs so I don't know why you mentioned it, but MW, The Fly and EBTTRT are blatantly amongst the strongest tracks, regardless of their status as hit singles.. I love all the songs on the album and don't think any of them are "weak" at all. However, who cares if a song is intricate or simple, that is irrelevant to QUALITY, which is the supreme factor and One certainly has more of that than your three favourites.:)

Last edited:
Whats The Story? said:

Of course not everyone does that, but it obvious that enough do it.. I don't hold that 'Wild Horses is one of the strongest songs so I don't know why you mentioned it, but MW, The Fly and EBTTRT are blatantly amongst the strongest tracks, regardless of their status as hit singles.. I love all the songs on the album and don't think any of them are "weak" at all. However, who cares if a song is intricate or simple, that is irrelevant to QUALITY, which is the supreme factor and One certainly has more of that than your three favourites.:)

I think Acrobat, Ultraviolet and LIB have more QUALITY in music and lyrics than any of the hits. I do like One, it's very special to me for personal reasons. I like all the songs on the album too (this is the only one of their albums I can say I like every song on it.) I don't mean to diss the hits, but I think the non hits are so good they have every right to win and should not be 'weeded out' because the other names are bigger. Wouldn't it be cool to have a lesser known song or non hit win once in awhile, not just for that purpose, but because it deserved it too? I think it's a follow the crowd mentality to naturally narrow it down to the hits every time. Let something else have a chance, and no song is more worthy than Acrobat!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I think Acrobat, Ultraviolet and LIB have more QUALITY in music and lyrics than any of the hits. I do like One, it's very special to me for personal reasons. I like all the songs on the album too (this is the only one of their albums I can say I like every song on it.) I don't mean to diss the hits, but I think the non hits are so good they have every right to win and should not be 'weeded out' because the other names are bigger. Wouldn't it be cool to have a lesser known song or non hit win once in awhile, not just for that purpose, but because it deserved it too? I think it's a follow the crowd mentality to naturally narrow it down to the hits every time. Let something else have a chance, and no song is more worthy than Acrobat!

There is also a certain herd mentality in voting for a lesser-known song too because it is more obscure I believe...Personally I am voting for a song on its merits not its status as a famous song or a single...My third favourite, So Cruel was unbelievably voted off in the second round, so don't think I want a song to win because it is popular with the general public.:)

Whats The Story? said:

There is also a certain herd mentality in voting for a lesser-known song too because it is more obscure I believe...Personally I am voting for a song on its merits not its status as a famous song or a single...My third favourite, So Cruel was unbelievably voted off in the second round, so don't think I want a song to win because it is popular with the general public.:)

I agree. Why should it be any other way? The only time I've voted for a song that wasn't really my choice was the times when it was being used as stategy, voting off the other big vote getter to save my song. Unfortunately, it's so split this time, I don't think it's going to help :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom