***Survivor: Gone on the Rising Tide (Albums Rd 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 32 25.8%
  • War

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting for Unforgettable Fire. I can't believe all this anti-War talk. I've always felt it was their first masterpiece. What they lacked in cohesiveness they made up for with sheer energy and bravado, I love Refugee too. I've never been a big Unforgettable Fire fan, too atmospheric its like listening to ambient mood music.

Had to vote for Zooropa -- I like all the other albums better. I think of Zooropa as having one masterpiece -- Stay -- and a bunch of average to slightly above average songs.

Oh man... Ok, I'll go for War. It has some great, great songs on it, but they generally work better live than on the actual album IMO. Plus it get's sort of average towards the end I think... ;)

Achtung Joshua! said:
I've been voting for ATYCLB since this poll started and I will continue to vote for it till it gets the boot :mad:

Good job! I totally agree.

Axver said:
If you vote for Boy or The Unforgettable Fire, you shall FACE MY WRATH!!! :evil: :macdevil:

:wink:

Help do the right thing and get rid of POP! ;)

oh BTW happy belated 18th birthday! :wave:

Zooropa? What are people smoking? :wink:

I'm gonna hold out a while this round.

SeattleVertigo said:
Had to vote for Zooropa -- I like all the other albums better. I think of Zooropa as having one masterpiece -- Stay -- and a bunch of average to slightly above average songs.

Couldn´t have said it better...

U2Kitten said:
Help do the right thing and get rid of POP! ;)

Not until voting for it will protect Boy! And Pop has Gone, the song that made me a fan.

Looks like I'll be voting for ATYCLB again ...

oh BTW happy belated 18th birthday! :wave:

Thank you! :)

I say ATYCLB, i quote Undercover Brother "mess w/ the Mofo:wink:, you got to go"

I know I should probably just do a search, but I'm super lazy tonight... How long are these polls open for again?

This ones open for 2 days from the date and time of my first post. (I think it displays it in the readers own time zone otherwise I would say exactly when. )

Alright, I went with ATYCLB. Got to protect Boy. I want to know if many people voting for Boy have even listened to it recently.

Don't protect, vote honestly!!!
___

Now, please all you :censored: people that are voting for 'Boy'... just listen to it!!! It's WAAAAYYYY better than ATYCLB.

I too voted to protect Boy, but I have a feeling it's gonna go by the end of the next round regardless. This sucks. It looks like this poll's gonna end up like the last election - support the one that not my favorite, but that's better than the other choices. My favorites are all taking hits.

Then again, I find it interesting that the horserace is between the album put out in 1980 and the one put out exactly 20 years later. Supposedly, All That You Can't Leave Behind was a 'back to the basics' album - the 'basics' here being Boy. Curious, isn't it?

goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom