Songs to be added/dropped to setlist for next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
SONGS TO BE ADDED TO SETLIST
Please (full band version)
Ultraviolet
Running to Stand Still
Numb
"40"
HMTMKMKM
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

SONGS TO BE DROPPED FROM SETLIST

Bullet the Blue Sky (Great song, but it's outdated)

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (If I hear this song one more time live I don't know what I'll do...WE KNOW YOU STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT!LOL)

With Or Without You (Face it...he can't sing it anymore. Drop the Joshua Tree hayday alltogether. It's happened and gone. Move on. Keep Streets and add RTSS)

Mysterious Ways (Another great song but needs to be dropped...at least every other night)

What are you opinions folks?

SONGS TO BE ADDED
Love Is Blindess
Ultravoilet
The Fly (they did drop that after 2nd leg of elevation)
Dirty Day
Acrobat
HMTMKMKM
Stay (Full Band)
"40"
Running To Stand Still

personaly, i dont want them to drop songs...and then hardley ever play them again, i want them to Rotate songs on the next tour...some nights open with diffrent songs...and still dropping some songs...and playing them in diffrent orders
i'd also like to see edge back singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday":up:

This topic has been repeated to death. Moderators should close this thread. People should learn to scroll back or use the search function. So for the nth time, here is my list:

Songs to be dropped:

Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
One
Walk On
Gone
Kite
Stay
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Until The End Of The World
Elevation
Beautiful Day

Songs to be added:

Do You Feel Loved
Babyface
Miami
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Trip Through Your Wires
Zooropa
Wire
Seconds
Surrender
Shadows And Tall Trees
Things To Make And Do

Cheers,

J

Add:
Discotheque (played occasionaly on Elevation)
Mofo
Ultraviolet
Exit
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

Drop:
Stuck in a Moment
Bullet the Blue Sky
I will Follow

NEVER drop STREETS! That song is energy and magic and brings the crowd to a frenzy! I don't think they should drop anything either, just rotate. They'll come up with a good mix, they always do. I would love to add Ultraviolet and Heartland though!:)

songs to be added:

HMTMKMKM
all i want is you
last night on earth
stay

songs to be dropped:
bullet the blue sky
i still haven't found what i'm looking for
stuck in a moment
walk on

jick said:
This topic has been repeated to death. Moderators should close this thread. People should learn to scroll back or use the search function. So for the nth time, here is my list:

Jick,

This is a fun thread, and with the lack of U2 news lately, people enjoy speculating and talking about tours.

You've been known in the past for rehashing the same topics over and over, and yes, while the whole drop/add thing has been done before, it doesn't mean that it can't continue in a productive (and hopefully flame-less) fashion.

LOL, gee, have we seen this topic before??? ;)

Songs to add:

-Electric Co (feasible)
-God Part II (feasible)
-One Tree Hill (feasible)
-40 (feasible)(full band, not a few verses tacked onto another song)
-Hawkmoon 269 (never happen)
-Gloria (never happen, Bono hates the song now)

Songs to drop (disclaimer, I'am not saying I dont like these songs, I'am just saying that if they were not played it wouldnt bother me that much).

-Bullet The Blue Sky (its been done to death, in different ways, time to give it a rest for a tour).
-Until The End Of The World (another song done to death, they need to at least change the arrangement of it a little to make it seem more fresh, also Bono needs to come up with something different over the bull fight routine, thats been done on two consecutive tours now).
-Pride (another song done to death, if they do play it, they need to speed up the tempo, they play it slow now. Listen to the Rattle And Hum version then listen to a boot from Elevation, you will hear the drastic difference)
-Sunday Bloody Sunday (see the above description of Pride, same applies here, speed up the tempo)
-I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For (I actually liked the acoustic version they did at Chicago 5-16-01 over the full band version they were doing on the 3rd leg. Another one that if played, needs to be changed in some way to make it more fresh)
-Staring At The Sun (doesnt need to be played, in any form, ever again! LOL Can you tell I dont care for the song? :) )

On a side note, Streets will always be played Jick. The band has already said that as long as they play live Streets will be in the setlist. Your only hope may be if the do play some theater or club dates they may not play it at those (IE Irving Plaza in 2000). But any major show (IE arena or stadium) you are going to hear it. Also jick, Things To Make And Do???? LOL An instrumental B side from 1980, thats going on the setlist for sure!!! LOL ;)

U2Fan101 said:
SONGS TO BE ADDED TO SETLIST
Please (full band version)
Ultraviolet
Running to Stand Still
Numb
"40"
HMTMKMKM
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

SONGS TO BE DROPPED FROM SETLIST

Bullet the Blue Sky (Great song, but it's outdated)

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (If I hear this song one more time live I don't know what I'll do...WE KNOW YOU STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT!LOL)

With Or Without You (Face it...he can't sing it anymore. Drop the Joshua Tree hayday alltogether. It's happened and gone. Move on. Keep Streets and add RTSS)

Mysterious Ways (Another great song but needs to be dropped...at least every other night)

What are you opinions folks?

wow, i agree with everything except bullet the blue sky.

Add:

Running to stand still - maybe acoustic version next time, or just Bono alone on piano
She's a mystery to me - not likely though (band or Bono and Edge acoustic)
Surrender
Seconds - again, possibly acoustic (if they reached out for older songs on Elevation, who's to say they won't do it again later?)

Drop:

Pride - it's just not the same anymore. (I don't mind the slower tempo, it's just Bono's voice isn't up to it anymore)
SBS, NYD, Bullet - these three have IMO been played enough by now

Other than that, I don't have any other ideas. (I really liked the acoustic I still haven't found what I'm looking for from Chicago, too bad they didn't keep that version for the last leg)

wolfwill23 said:
PLEASE DROP THE LAME, TIRED, BORING ACCOUSTIC 'JAM.' PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

:no:

Stay was one of the highlights of the Elevation - Tour!
Desire was great, too.

Stay - Bad - Streets

That was just PERFECT.

I love the intimacy, that this "boring" accoustic jam creates.

Last edited:
Songs that realistically could be added

Dirty Day - awesome, the highlight of the Zoomerang tour. The rock feel of the song makes me think it could return

Last Night On Earth - like Gone this song is great live

Ultraviolet

All Along The Watchtower?

Songs that I would love to return:

Do You Feel Loved - the one highlight of Popmart opening
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Lemon
Zoo Station
Mofo

Due to the atttitudes now I can't seen these songs returning ever, shame though

Add:

Please (full band)
WGRYWH (acoustic)
Acrobat
Electrical Storm
Last Night On Earth (like PopMart)
Running To Stand Still

Drop:
Mysterious Ways
Stuck
Pride

Keep:
Streets
Elevation
Gone
Kite
The Fly

U2girl said:
Add:

Running to stand still
Surrender
Seconds
:yes: I was just thinking that it would be cool if Surrender and Seconds were added! I'd also like to see some Rattle and Hum stuff that seems to have been abandoned- Heartland, Hawkmoon 269, that would be great. Some random b-sides would be cool, too; Summer Rain, Lady With the Spinning Head, anything off the 80's Best Of disc...
Streets should NEVER be dropped.

Leeloo said:
NEVER drop STREETS! That song is energy and magic and brings the crowd to a frenzy!

That song is pure Magic!!! Makes my heart beat faster every time that song starts!!! They should never drop that song...other than that I pretty much woukd be happy with whatever they choose to play!

Everytime this thread comes up, I give the same response. Those of you who long for the return of "Ultraviolet" and for the first performance of "Acrobat", I'm sorry.....but I don't think you'll get it. I may be wrong, they may surprise me (it would be great if they did). But think of this. They have the hits that a large number of the audience members only know those songs. They have songs that are basically permanent in their setlist. And of course, there will be at the least, 6 new songs in each show.

For those who want them to not play "Streets", "ISHFWILF", "Pride", "One", "Beautiful Day", etc. That is not going to happen. The following songs will probably always be in the setlists:

SBS
NYD
Pride
I will follow
Bad
Streets
I still haven't found...
WOWY
Desire
All I want is you
One
Mysterious Ways
Until the end of the world
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a moment
Walk on

They might and probably won't play all these at every show. But these songs are songs that made them popular. These are the songs that the average person knows, the "casual fan". The will never be dropped as long as U2 tours.

But now that reality is out of the way, I'll play the game.

ADD:
Two hearts beat as one
Seconds
Gloria
A sort of homecoming
Running to stand still
In God's country
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Stay (Full band version!!!)
Dirty Day
Zooropa
Mofo
Please (Full band version!!)
Electrical Storm

KEEP:
Out of control
11:00 tick tock
Angel of Harlem
The fly
Real thing
Kite

REMOVE:
Staring at the sun- If they can't do it right, don't do it at all.
Gone- During this song, the crowd has "gone" to the bathroom.
Stuck in a moment- Don't know if I like it live
Elevation- This song will always be linked to 2001
With or without you- Can't sing it anymore.
Bullet- Lost power over time.
Desire- See Staring at the sun.

add:
hmtmkmkm
god part II
love is blindness
mofo
lemon
two hearts beat as one
please
tomorrow :D
wire :D
exit :D

drop:
ishfwilf
pride
with or without you, please!

keep:
Gone
wtshnn
i will follow
the fly
bullet the blue sky... I like it!

etc.

Last edited:
ADD:

Running to Stand Still
Acrobat
An Cat's Dubh
October
Exit
Numb (it would be cool)
Karma Police (Radiohead cover- wishful thinking)

Get rid:

NONE!

I think the major problem with some of the older popular tunes is that they dont seem to have the same energy they once did. I think there are two reasons. First is like I pointed out previously, they have slowed them down to much. Second, Bono doesnt sing like he did when these songs were made popular. So it doesnt seem quite the same in any respect.

Any musically inclined know why they have slowed the tempo down on Pride, Sunday, and even I Will Follow (mainly on Popmart) so much? Is it to make it easier for Bono to sing them?

-Add Running To Stand Still and drop With Or Without You
-Add the songs from POP, speacially Please and Last Night On Earth
-Drop the songs from Leave Behind, except Elevation, maybe
-Drop Faraway, So Close... I can?t hear it anymore
-The same for Still Haven?t Found
-Drop I Will Follow... it?s not the same as the studio version
-Add The Fly (with a loud chorus as in ZOO TV, please!)
-Add Lemon (this song rocks!)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Add:

Please (full band)
WGRYWH (acoustic)
Acrobat
Electrical Storm
Last Night On Earth (like PopMart)
Running To Stand Still

Drop:
Mysterious Ways
Stuck
Pride

Keep:
Streets
Elevation
Gone
Kite
The Fly

AMEN:yes:

dirtyday said:
Songs that realistically could be added

Dirty Day - awesome, the highlight of the Zoomerang tour. The rock feel of the song makes me think it could return

Last Night On Earth - like Gone this song is great live

Ultraviolet

All Along The Watchtower?

Songs that I would love to return:

Do You Feel Loved - the one highlight of Popmart opening
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Lemon
Zoo Station
Mofo

Due to the atttitudes now I can't seen these songs returning ever, shame though

hmmm....zoo station :scratch:

i was thinking about that too but unfortunately i don't think that will ever happen....nice in theory though :wink:

Back
Top Bottom