Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met Chris and I'd hate to think he'd troll us deliberately. Maybe he got bad info.

I think we need to talk more about how invested you got tho Laz..our resident chief of skepticism! You got into this didn't ya?? Happens to the best of us eh lol :hi5:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I never thought this was happening, personally. It would be extremely rare for only one person to hear that something was afoot.

I think a lot has changed behind the scenes with this band in recent weeks. I'm sure u2 Valencia, chrisedge etc were given good info at some point, and shit fell apart.

It seems that the same will happen about the things I said in August RE single the week of iheart event.

Latest I've heard is that it's all gone to hell, and nothing is happening this year. Specifically I was told that tour won't be happening in the spring as planned, which (reading between the lines) doesnt bode well for an album before then. With chrisedge's comments I'd hoped that was deliberate misdirection, and I'd love to believe that is still the case, but it seems a delay is most likely now. It shouldn't surprise us..

And hey, if suddenly we get a single this fall, than fuck yah! But it's probably time to leave that dream behind

Last edited:
Dude, are you quoting and responding to yourself?

Yup, rather than editing a comment 10 times.. Im posting and watching the Jays/Sox game, so it's all a little frantic right now :wink:

I should clarify, iheart and dream force gigs are still on..
I doubt they would call those off, as they're "in bed" with both of them. And as you said, the "one-off single" would probably mean that they're delaying tour plans once again, cause I can't see them restarting the tour without releasing SOE.

I think a lot has changed behind the scenes with this band in recent weeks. I'm sure u2 Valencia, chrisedge etc were given good info at some point, and shit fell apart.

It seems that the same will happen about the things I said in August RE single the week of iheart event.

Latest I've heard is that it's all gone to hell, and nothing is happening this year. Specifically I was told that tour won't be happening in the spring as planned, which (reading between the lines) doesnt bode well for an album before then. With chrisedge's comments I'd hoped that was deliberate misdirection, and I'd love to believe that is still the case, but it seems a delay is most likely now. It shouldn't surprise us..

And hey, if suddenly we get a single this fall, than fuck yah! But it's probably time to leave that dream behind

Why do you hate us?

Considering they took 2016 off touring to finish SOE, IF it doesn't come out this year then that was pretty much a complete waste of a year that could have been spent taking the tour to the rest of the world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

It's like pulling teeth to get out a proper album without f $cups all along the way.

Guess g0d doesn't walk into the room as frequently as he used to.

I guess that's why I don't understand the panic. I still say we get an album next month and a tour in the spring. Everything in between is up for grabs of course but so far I've heard nothing that takes us off that timetable. Why anyone started freaking out this week is kind of beyond me. The thought that they'd be a part of this weeks Apple festivities was a non-starter for me.

I guess we can at least all agree that chrisedge is a dirty liar and now has as much credibility as U2Valencia?

Or we can agree that you are looking for someone to blame?

C'mon now, let's assume for fun that chrisedge actually has access to good info, regardless of what happens this week. If we start shooting those who stick their heads above the parapet and maybe give us some advance knowledge, they won't do it the next time. And with u2 doing on average an album every four years, we kinda need some morsels to keep going around here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I thought that the term "dirty liar" would have been a clue that I'm speaking tongue in cheek.

But at least Registered Dude is facing the crowd on a daily basis, and Gabe tries to check in when he can, and both elaborate as needed.

I guess that's why I don't understand the panic. I still say we get an album next month and a tour in the spring. Everything in between is up for grabs of course but so far I've heard nothing that takes us off that timetable. Why anyone started freaking out this week is kind of beyond me. The thought that they'd be a part of this weeks Apple festivities was a non-starter for me.

The only way I will feel let down is if they don't release the album this year, which means no tour in spring, which is what they said they would do. The single this week/before the iheart gig is something I am excited for but that is based on speculation and non-band sources. So in the single's case they don't have to live up to a stated promise.

But as some have said here, every other artist at iheart has had new material that they are going to promote at iheart, so for a band that wants to be relevant U2 not having new material would be a daft move as they would truly seem like a heritage act.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom