Songs of Experience Episode VII: The Dreamforce Awakens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamforce doesn't strike me as the kind of event you build an album / tour announcement around (I just heard of it today, so I may be wrong).

Gut is that this is a one-off wrapped into the broader promo process for the album / tour. Or from the guest list of this event (Bill and Melinda Gates) it may just be a favor.

Speculating is fun.

Well it is the sponsor for their tour, so I wouldn't quite use the word favor ;)

BTW wasn't salesforce suppose to have had some app that was related to the tour? Did that ever happen?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fall NA is tough given that most arenas have an NBA and/or NHL team playing there. I'm sure more crazy dedicated fans than I have already checked venue availability for that time period.

Also, for the past few tours, U2 has put shows on sale very early, like 6 to 9 months early. They'd need to be announcing very soon.

They've certainly managed to do a Fall NA arena tour before (http://www.u2gigs.com/tour226.html ). But yeah, we would have to see an announcement really soon. That may not be out of the question if rumors about the album being recently finished are true, though.

Tony Robbins + U2

High point:

Henry Rollins + U2

"I was explaining to people the other night, but I might've got it a bit wrong – this is just the end of something for U2. And that's what we're playing this concert – and we're throwing a party for ourselves and you. It's no big deal, it's just – we have to go away and ... and Dreamforce it all up again."

(Bono, Coffee conversation with Nice Matin, July 2016)

By the way, bring it on!

We wanted them for Dreamforce 2015, but the dates didn't work out - they were booked for Europe at the time, and so we did 2016 instead. For those speculating about this show being tied to some promotional unveiling of new album material, as fun as that would be, I wouldn't put much stock in that.

fucking 1200 dollars to attend the meeting. what kind of shit is that, even if it's (somewhat) tied to charity and all? also, Scott and Mark Kelly are attending this event.

We wanted them for Dreamforce 2015, but the dates didn't work out - they were booked for Europe at the time, and so we did 2016 instead. For those speculating about this show being tied to some promotional unveiling of new album material, as fun as that would be, I wouldn't put much stock in that.

So basically they are going to start the tour again without a new album, great

or are they gonna unveil their album BEFORE or AFTER the Dreamforce?

You would imagine that if they are indeed thinking of an autumn album release date (that is not bang on Black Friday week) they would aim to also get it out prior to 30th September, which is the cut-off for the Grammys for next year?

All she said was that planning for the tour to begin in Miami was well under way.

Cm2Hm41WAAABF-t.jpg

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom