Song wars: LAPOE vs. Bullet the Blue Sky - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:42 AM
I think the distorted bass is what reminds me of WTLB

Old 11-11-2004, 04:28 PM   #17
The Fly

Quote:
Bullet The Blue Sky has really no competition here
Too funny. Sure, 'Bullet the Blue Sky' is a very good U2 song. However, 'Love and Peace or Else' has many more creative, innovative dimensions, and it is a song that resounds with greater energy.
Not only does 'Bullet the Blue Sky' have competition, but 'Love and Peace or Else' is the better track - winning by a good, comfortable margin.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

Old 11-11-2004, 04:51 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Don't mind ponkine, he's an arrogant sourpuss.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #19
The Fly

lol - Sleep Over Jack, I've noticed that a couple of times already about 'Ponkine', I sure do notice his sourness towards anything that is NOT Joshua Tree?... Maybe he's not a U2 fan, maybe he's just a Joshua Tree fan?... You know the types.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com
Old 11-11-2004, 10:05 PM   #20
Refugee

Great comparison-LAPOE vs BTBS, but...

even better combination.

I was thinking yesterday that the two played back to back in concert would rock hardcore, bullet into love and peace. Imagine
Old 11-12-2004, 01:22 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Have yet to hear LAPOE, if I was to enjoy that more than BTBS...that WOULD be something!! Cant wait to hear it.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:15 AM   #22
War Child

That's a tough one, I think Bullet at this moment as I've had longer with it and seen it live and I know how much an impact it has. Once I've seen LAPOE live I'll know better (although it's my favourite off the album).

I just can't help feel that LAPOE is gonna be the concert opener and it's gonna be even more brash and dirty than the record version.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:10 AM   #23
The Fly

IMO LAPOE lacks the anger that BTBS has, even the studio (of BTBS) version had balls to it.
it also sounds like Force of Nature by Oasis, though i'll go with the Led Zeplin comparisons as well
Old 11-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by burns
IMO LAPOE lacks the anger that BTBS has, even the studio (of BTBS) version had balls to it.
it also sounds like Force of Nature by Oasis, though i'll go with the Led Zeplin comparisons as well
bleh... love and peace is a good song, but it's no bullet. like burns said, bullet is pure anger expressed through music. love and peace has almost a jovial feel to it. there's no anger there. in fact, i'm not sold that it's a political song. i think it's a relationship song... a fight between husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, etc etc. yea... it says "troops" and "guns" and "zion." ok fine... it also says "baby don't fight, we can talk this thing through."

it's not a clear, angry political tune at all... and although i do like the song, i think it's the weakest track on the album. just my opinion...
Old 11-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

to me the anger in LAPOE is at the end with edge's guitar solo. but i agree that vocally bullet has more anger.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #26
The Fly

i thought edge's solo on BTBS was based on the troubles in El Salvidor
Old 11-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by burns
Force of Nature always reminded me of Zep. Well, maybe not lyrically.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #28
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine

I respect your opinion my friend, but honestly Love And Peace or Else has nothing, really nothing from When The Levee Breaks nor Bullet The Blue Sky
for those who don´t know When The Levee Breaks is the last song from Led Zeppelin IV, and it has pretty much the same pulse if you compare with Bullet The Blue Sky, but the songs are 100% different. When The Levee Breaks is the heaviest song on Led Zeppelin IV, is 7 minutes long and guitars and voice are very distorded, and drums sound like if were recorded with a mic outside the room, AND IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE

Love And Peace Or Else has Pink Floyd´s money beat, and for me it has nothing to become a real classic
And let's not forget Bullet isn't a real classic either. It has absolutely no radio appeal. It's a live classic in the minds of U2 and the hard core fans. The song is still a relative unknown and a skip track for common people listening the Joshua Tree. LAPOE or else is not a radio song. It's a song that can be so much more live. So we'll find out if it is or isn't.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Love and Peace or Else studio version destroys the studio version of Bullet the Blue Sky and thats the only fair comparison that should be made at this point until we hear Love and Peace Or Else live.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Vervefloyd

And let's not forget Bullet isn't a real classic either. It has absolutely no radio appeal. It's a live classic in the minds of U2 and the hard core fans. The song is still a relative unknown and a skip track for common people listening the Joshua Tree. LAPOE or else is not a radio song. It's a song that can be so much more live. So we'll find out if it is or isn't.
Actually, other than Sunday Bloody Sunday, I hear Bullet on the radio more than any other U2 song. Of course, it is the live version...