Someone to blame! - the smallest of all possible worlds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*replies just because this is a spiral staircase thread.

where ya been?

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to say hi to Rob - hi there!!!

How were the Providence shows?

Did you manage to find a recording of the Montreal show?

I went to New York for the show on the 24th - spectacular I tell you!!

(hmmm, I suppose I could write this in an email instead but I'm lazy, sorry!!!
smile.gif
)

Hope all is well!

- julie

Fritzy, I think I could ask you the same thing! I've been around, but busier than usual. When I have time to make it to Interference, I rarely get past Free Your Mind into any of the other forums. Seems like I haven't seen a Fritzy post in a long time. Spending all your time in chat?

Ok, now I'm getting REALLY nervous! Let's see...as a matter of fact we DID have a black poodle when I was a kid! What ELSE do you know about me, my mysterious Spiral Staircase?

You MUST be someone from my past, because NOBODY knows about Skowhegan unless you have lived here or have family here! But I'm cool with that, since my past is completely SPOTLESS!
wink.gif
And on second thought, I always thought I was the ONLY delerious U2 fan from the area!

WHO ARE YOU AND HOW DO YOU KNOW ME?

Julie...good to hear from you my Canadian friend! Yes, I have an excellent copy of the Montreal show coming any day now! Let me know if you need a copy... you should still have my private e-mail address. As for the Providence shows...absolutely fabulous! The guys were ON and to hear complete versions of Party Girl and Slow Dancing was just the icing on the cake!

Take care!

wow! I figured I would eventually run into somebody in here that I had some connection with, but it really is a small world. This is hilarious. Let's see... It would be fun to toy with you about this, maybe make you guess, but I was just too young when we left skowhegan to remember enough. Here's what I remember about you: the poodle (don't remember the name), I don't remember your house much except for a brick wall covered with ivy (could have been your house or your neighbors), someone named Edee or Edie, you were friends with my oldest brother (played Little League w/ him?), my family left skowhegan in 1980, we were back there with my parents for a couple of days in July of 1999, and we bumped into you (and your wife, I think) somewhere in downtown skowhegan.....that's about all I can think of now. Any idea who I am?

Spiral Staircase = Tim Bubar (the youngest Bubar)

Well Rob (in my family, you're still known as Robby), I can't get over the fact that I ran into you on Interference. Its cool to discover you're such a U2 fanatic. Sounds like you've been to a few shows lately. Too cool. I caught them in Minneapolis in May, but that's it for me for this tour. How's life?

[This message has been edited by Spiral_Staircase (edited 11-07-2001).]

You've GOT to be kidding me! Tim Bubar! I remember having sliding parties at your house with the Thomas kids way back when! I was racking my brain based upon your clues and was about to haul out my old Little League pictures when I got home tonight to jog my memory but thanks for not keeping me on pins and needles! I think I could have eventually figured it out but suffice it to say I don't think you would have been my first, second, or even third guess!

Yep, we sure did run into each other inside the Blueberry Cupboard a few years ago! Yes, that was my wife who was with me. You've got a good memory, especially with the description of my parents house and of course our old black standard poodle! When your family left Skowhegan you couldn't have been much more than 5 or 6, right?

Why don't you drop me an e-mail at taxproincea@yahoo.com so we can catch up a little. Would like to know what your brothers are up to etc.

By the way, too cool that you turned out to be a U2 fan! And indeed, a very small world...I never thought I'd bump into someone from years ago on a U2 fan site!

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
Fritzy, I think I could ask you the same thing! I've been around, but busier than usual. When I have time to make it to Interference, I rarely get past Free Your Mind into any of the other forums. Seems like I haven't seen a Fritzy post in a long time. Spending all your time in chat?
yep - i'm here, i'm gone, i'm here, i'm gone..right now i'm here.
hows the air collection?

This thread frightens me. and I'm starting to get worried about who I know on this board....

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Haha! Well it really IS a small world!
This is just amazing!!

(Anyway, Rob I will email you privately with my details; I'd love to get a copy of that show!)
smile.gif

Like Someone to Blame, I don't want to disturb, but I read that you have or will have copy of the Montreal shows??? Which one(s)? and mostly, HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT? How much must I pay you to have a copy, I WANT IT!!!

If Rob sends me a copy, I'll send you a copy, okay? It will probably be easier since I'm in Canada, too and besides I don't want to inconvenience Rob because he's helped me out in a big way already!!!

Soul Service...no problem on the Montreal show! The show I'm referring to is the most recent one, 10/12/01 that I attended in your fine country. As to how I'm getting it, well, I'm a collector of U2 bootlegs and trade frequently, so suffice it to say I have my contacts who are very good about hooking me up.

Anyways, if you know ladywiththespinninghead than you can get it from her when she gets it from me, which should be within the next couple weeks or e-mail me privately and I'll take care of you. As for cost, I don't sell bootlegs so it won't cost you a thing!

Man, you'll have the greatest show on Earth in your hand!!! Someone to blame, you're definitely NOT someone to blame!!! That,s really nice of you!! Lady, please, e-mail me so we'll take contact and arrange everything!! WOOOHOOO!!!

cool. Rob, I'll e-mail you.

Fritzy, it's funny you mentioned my air collection. I have a childhood friend who just left last week for 2 years in Ghana with the Peace Corps. Before he left he promised to collect some Ghanaian air and send it to me. I'm currently accepting donations to fund a new air exhibit. Checks can be made payable to:
Spiral Staircase
Curator
The Collection

Back
Top Bottom