SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA tickets will be priced the same as the past. I don't see them spiking the price of those tickets.

Tickets for reserved seating won't go any higher than $250, in North America at least.

This can only work on an arena tour if they play multiple nights in most cities (which I believe they will)

That's nothing new really Nick, they're quite used to playing multiple, as in 4,5, or 6 nights in the big stops like NYC, Chicago, LA, Boston, Torono, on previous arena tours. Will be a new thing in Europe however if they do that.

That's nothing new really Nick, they're quite used to playing multiple, as in 4,5, or 6 nights in the big stops like NYC, Chicago, LA, Boston, Torono, on previous arena tours. Will be a new thing in Europe however if they do that.

Oh, I know, I've been to one or two U2 arena tours. :) Just sort of pointing it out for people who are expecting 360 availability and pricing.

Given that no U2 arena tour in the last 2 decades has had "$30 360 pricing" or even remotely the same availability as 360, noone would be expecting it, the point is moot. Tickets will be $65/70 to $250 per show, regardless of whether they are playing one night or six in any given city. What may fluctuate is availability , of course.

Sent from my ass crack

I really hope they start in North America (I hope tha Vancouver rumour keeps on going)
I'm planning to go to the first show (I may need a little help for the ticket, though :wave: )

But if they can push the ticket selling a little, it's better for me.
And multiple dates? amazing

Here in Chile we have an Arena, I think it's only real Arena in all of the continent. That could do wonders for us (or they'll just do stadiums like always)

Any word if this will be a big international tour which will include places like australia?

Given Oseary's involvement, I think they may introduce more aggressive VIP packages this time around as well.

Ugh god no. VIP packages and the wankers who buy them are the worst.

Will be a new thing in Europe however if they do that.

This is a good point and I really wonder how U2 will handle Europe this time around. They've typically toured North America sufficiently extensively to satisfy demand in even the strongest markets, while most European tours - even big stadium ones - have left some demand untapped. Elevation is the only time U2 have sought to do a comprehensive European tour in arenas since the UF Tour. JT mixed stadiums and arenas depending on demand; Lovetown played only four select markets; ZooTV's arena leg intentionally left some markets underplayed (or not played at all, e.g. Ireland) to build hype before the stadium tour a year later; Popmart, Vertigo, and 360 were all in stadiums. I'm curious to see if they are committed to an arena tour even in Europe and let some demand go untapped and/or tour really comprehensively with long stays in some cities, or if they go stadiums (either straight away or after arenas to build hype).

Any word if this will be a big international tour which will include places like australia?

In interviews the band have already spoken of visiting South America, so that's a good sign for Australia and a Southern Hemisphere tour in general. We haven't been mentioned specifically though, to the best of my knowledge.

God I'd love them to do Aussie arenas for the first time since Lovetown. Four or five nights at Rod Laver in Melbourne? Sign me up.

Ugh god no. VIP packages and the wankers who buy them are the worst.

This is a good point and I really wonder how U2 will handle Europe this time around. They've typically toured North America sufficiently extensively to satisfy demand in even the strongest markets, while most European tours - even big stadium ones - have left some demand untapped. Elevation is the only time U2 have sought to do a comprehensive European tour in arenas since the UF Tour. JT mixed stadiums and arenas depending on demand; Lovetown played only four select markets; ZooTV's arena leg intentionally left some markets underplayed (or not played at all, e.g. Ireland) to build hype before the stadium tour a year later; Popmart, Vertigo, and 360 were all in stadiums. I'm curious to see if they are committed to an arena tour even in Europe and let some demand go untapped and/or tour really comprehensively with long stays in some cities, or if they go stadiums (either straight away or after arenas to build hype).

In interviews the band have already spoken of visiting South America, so that's a good sign for Australia and a Southern Hemisphere tour in general. We haven't been mentioned specifically though, to the best of my knowledge.

God I'd love them to do Aussie arenas for the first time since Lovetown. Four or five nights at Rod Laver in Melbourne? Sign me up.

Same. God, good luck getting tickets to all nights though - and good luck paying for them! 5 nights at Acer in Sydney. I hate Sydney, but it's closer for me. Might take two weeks off work and road trip to Melbourne too.

I would love it though if they decided to only play 3 arena shows in Sydney, and visited some smaller markets as well. I know it would never happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I just learned from my photo editor that if U2 rolls around to Nashville he can probably get me a photo pass for the show. :hyper:

GENTS, PLEASE COME TO NASHVILLE.

Interesting article on Arthur Fogel in the Independent:

Arthur Fogel interview: ‘Artists with long careers have them because they deliver a show’ - Profiles - People - The Independent

U2 won’t be going bankrupt any time soon, and nor, Fogel insists, have the world’s biggest live attraction suffered much from the social-media backlash prompted by their recent iTunes album giveaway. “There are vocal people expressing themselves, and then there’s the 40 to 50 million people who are not so vocal and have actually listened to the record. It was a disruptive and impactful campaign. Mission accomplished.”

Fogel hints that the accompanying U2 tour will be a stripped-back affair. “Without giving away any trade secrets, when you get to that level of production and scale [of the 360° tour], it’s not such a bad thing to go back the other way. I’m not sure you can ever go beyond that 360° production and make any sense of it.” U2 will ultimately thrive, he says, because “they are one of the few acts who have mastered the ability to shrink a stadium and to create intimacy in a large space with a lot of people”.

They toured Elevation in arenas in Europe - and Zoo TV

It was hard to get tickets I remember on both those tour legs

They did 4 nights at Earl's Court London on Elevation and demand was simply not satisfied. But I prefer them indoors, better sound and atmosphere and you really get up close to the band (relatively speaking).

Same. God, good luck getting tickets to all nights though - and good luck paying for them! 5 nights at Acer in Sydney. I hate Sydney, but it's closer for me. Might take two weeks off work and road trip to Melbourne too.

I would love it though if they decided to only play 3 arena shows in Sydney, and visited some smaller markets as well. I know it would never happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha, imagine a U2 arena tour of Australia and New Zealand that went something like: Townsville, Brisbane x2, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney x3, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne x5 (because its nearby regional centres lack the arenas Sydney's nearby regional centres have), Hobart, Adelaide x2, Perth x2, Auckland x2, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington x2, Christchurch x2, Dunedin. Every single date would sell out easily. But if they didn't do it on Lovetown, then you can write it off now.

They toured Elevation in arenas in Europe - and Zoo TV

It was hard to get tickets I remember on both those tour legs

They did 4 nights at Earl's Court London on Elevation and demand was simply not satisfied. But I prefer them indoors, better sound and atmosphere and you really get up close to the band (relatively speaking).

i had no trouble getting tix for either Zoo TV (arenas) and Elevation :ohmy:

i literally walked into Virgin Megastore and bought my tix for Zoo TV (Bercy, Paris), didn't even have to queue, and i just phoned up the arena/local ticket agent for Elevation (NEC Birmingham) and bought tix over the phone LOL

i know it will be a blood bath this time round though :D

Just sign up for Amazon Prime. It's money.

Amazon Prime is awesome - i live in the arse end of the arse end of nowhere, but still get next-day delivery - i felt bad at first thinking oh shit, it seems to be a bit of a big carbon footprint getting a few ink cartridges delivered that way, but it's always little local courier companies, basically a man in a van, who do the Amazon deliveries out here, so i think that's great as they must get loads of extra business that way... definitely worth it, as there are no proper shops out 'ere :lol:

Given that no U2 arena tour in the last 2 decades has had "$30 360 pricing" or even remotely the same availability as 360, noone would be expecting it, the point is moot. Tickets will be $65/70 to $250 per show, regardless of whether they are playing one night or six in any given city. What may fluctuate is availability , of course.

Sent from my ass crack

we had the back of the stage seats here in stadiums in Europe for 360 - the tix were super cheap, i think about 30 euros, which was brill! i think the cheapest normal stadium seats were also that price too, but miles away from the stage...

i'm sure arenas will be a whole different matter though...

demand was crazy last time, despite the stadiums (i.e. huge volume of tickets available)- i have never before seen masses of people and posters and signs asking for tickets, and not a scalper in sight, when arriving at a stadium... insane :up:

I prefer arenas, but I agree, demand will be huge, tickets sold rapidly. But so far, I've found my way into any show I wanted to see, so I don't think I'll miss out this time.

But wait, since U2 is hated by almost everyone now except us hardcores inside the bubble, I guess it will actually be easier now to get tickets, at least that's what the media tells us. So I'd say: Good for us.

we had the back of the stage seats here in stadiums in Europe for 360 - the tix were super cheap, i think about 30 euros, which was brill! i think the cheapest normal stadium seats were also that price too, but miles away from the stage...

...Hum not necessarily. In 2010 there were 2 shows in Coimbra, Portugal. I went to both, but in the first one, I had a €32 ticket for the top ring of the stadium and the view was quite good, because the stadium is pretty small (at least for what I'm used to - Alvalade in 2005 was bigger and although I was closer to the stage, it felt pretty much the same).

...Hum not necessarily. In 2010 there were 2 shows in Coimbra, Portugal. I went to both, but in the first one, I had a €32 ticket for the top ring of the stadium and the view was quite good, because the stadium is pretty small (at least for what I'm used to - Alvalade in 2005 was bigger and although I was closer to the stage, it felt pretty much the same).

depends on the stadium i guess - the Stade de France is immense, and you seriously need binoculars from any seats really :lol:

Arenas all the way. Yes it can be more work to get a ticket, but it's worth it to be actually able to get the benefit of GA (being able to see the band) and the benefit of having your own reserved spot.

Arenas all the way. Yes it can be more work to get a ticket, but it's worth it to be actually able to get the benefit of GA (being able to see the band) and the benefit of having your own reserved spot.

:up:

my most unforgettable gigs have all been in arenas/small venues... stadiums are just too big and overwhelming really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom