SOE Lucky 13: Dallas Lies in Vegas ...TONIGHT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they have to do this at such a bad time for us Europeans? (Well European for now anyway)

This gets you people back for all those times I've dragged myself up at 5am or worse to cover U2 shows in Europe.

Hey all, don't know if this has already been posted or not and I really don't have the time to scroll through this entire thread (have a sick 1 year old here), but when I was driving to the doctor's office I was listening to the Iheart80's radio channel and there were 2 radio dj's inside the arena and they were talking about that u2 had just finished their rehearsal, u2 having been given the innovator award by iheart and something along the line that they really wanted to tell what they had just heard/seen, but that they couldn't.

I say all in for new music tonight!!!
The band will emerge from a giant pickle playing TBT!

My guess is they are going to do something non of us have guessed yet.

I think they're trying to top the shock/splash of the last album but without the controversy.

So whats the battle plan as far as audio goes of a new song(s). Clipfy?

I'm sure there will be an old school request thread and the same five people who always do it will email the 4000 people that request the song

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Confirmed rumour: U2 will release the album before November because if Trump is elected they will not be allowed to release music in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm sure there will be an old school request thread and the same five people who always do it will email the 4000 people that request the song

Those five people are the greatest. Love you guys

This gets you people back for all those times I've dragged myself up at 5am or worse to cover U2 shows in Europe.

lol can only apologise, technically it looks like us in the UK may not be part of Europe much longer, which after saying that is little consolation as we will still have the same time!!

Right the only thing that makes me doubt album release is surely they would want it a worldwide thing?

Confirmed rumour: U2 will release the album before November because if Trump is elected they will not be allowed to release music in the USA.

I was listening to the Under a Blood Red Sky version of Sunday Bloody Sunday and the lyric "when fact is fiction and TV reality" encapsulates his campaign so well. I'm tempted to think they'll play the song as an anti-Trump statement, but the subject matter doesn't overlap enough beyond being political. But there will be something anti-Trump regardless.

On another note, can someone save a recording of the show in case I'm not around for it?

Right the only thing that makes me doubt album release is surely they would want it a worldwide thing?

But do they? Maybe they've been convinced that subtlety is the way to go this time around:shrug:

Can't wait to do 'the best thing' live ! 140am est is a bit late though!

How exciting would it be if Boner quoted Robin Zander:
"This next song is the first song on our new album..."

Cue screams and they launch into some hot new jam.

Alternatively, if they played a full-band EBW but no new stuff, and it was good would that mitigate some of the meltdown?

Finally - U2 is playing a show tonight, and regardless of which jams they jam, that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah, it's good to see the band doing something. Regardless if we get a new song debuted tonight, or not.

It's hard not to get excited by all of this activity!

I don't doubt that the boys will give us a cracking show, but hopefully there's a surprise involved, too..

Sydneysiders, can you confirm that it will be at 3.40pm Sydney time? Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom