Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the excitement of this new song/album, we all kind of forgot that U2's tour resumes tomorrow. I wonder if the band even remember they have a concert tomorrow... :hmm:

This is not normal. To be in the middle of a huge stadium tour, and have the new album machine picking up steam. It's almost like 2 different bands are in play at the moment. U2, the relevant, current band with a new album, and the other U2, a classic rock band using a greatest hits/classic album show to fill stadiums.

I'll be seeing them next Sunday in Indy, so it'll be interesting to see how they act, and how much of both versions of U2 show up.

Last edited:
Very weird they are going to play it live before releasing it, but I guess this is U2.

Sorry if I missed this yesterday, but sharing a NY Times blurb on the Blackout:

Disaster looms — personal, political, environmental, evolutionary — in “The Blackout,” as U2 wonders, “Is this an extinction event?” It’s the second song to trickle out from “Songs of Experience,” the follow-up to the 2014 album “Songs of Innocence.” As it did with “The Little Things That Give You Away,” which U2 has been playing on tour and on TV, the band is holding back the studio version. This one is live (shot in black and white), with buzz-bomb power chords making way for a rock-disco thump, equal parts danceable and ominous. And Bono is still stage-diving.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/arts/music/playlist-u2-maroon-5-sza-pharrell-williams.html

The Best Thing is being sound checked by Edge at Ford Field.

Is this for real???

Exciting, was just going to ask if anyone thought either the blackout or Youre the best thing about me would be played on the next 2 tour dates?

They could just be rehearsing for night three.

It may be played, but I would have more money on The Blackout for the first two

They could just be rehearsing for night three.

It may be played, but I would have more money on The Blackout for the first two

Agreed. It seems playing it live before Wednesday would ruin some of the excitement for Wednesday among the hardcore fan base. My guess is they're rehearsing it for post-Wednesday.

But, as we've said many times, who knows?

Here's a tweet from a couple of hours ago.

Joe Ahorro‏ @joe_ahorro 2h2 hours ago

Hearing “You're The Best Thing About Me” outside Ford Field. Just Edge and crew. #u2thejoshuatree2017 #U2

It seems playing it live before Wednesday would ruin some of the excitement for Wednesday among the hardcore fan base.

Yeah, but the music press would cover the live debut of the song and every article about the live debut of the song would mention the single would be coming out a few days later. It's probably a smart way to keep milking the attention they're getting.

Yeah, but the music press would cover the live debut of the song and every article about the live debut of the song would mention the single would be coming out a few days later. It's probably a smart way to keep milking the attention they're getting.

So we might get some beach I mean stadium/street clips tonight?? Wooohooo!

Yeah we got a "live" version of the blackout and we still ate it up

I'm 2 hours from Detroit this weekend and so tempted to go up tomorrow night!! I'm going to let Chicago night 1 be my memory of JT2017. Can't wait for I&E to resume!!

How is that awesome? Another throwaway pop tune from this once great band.

I meant it was awesome that someone got an audio clip. Reserving judgement on the song until Wednesday. I think I'll be in the camp that likes Blackout better.

Lol The clip sucks arse! You can barely hear anything! I think I will not judge until I hear the song on Wednesday before I start to say the song sucks or is the greatest thing ever.

That's not the Interference way. Hurry up and make your judgement now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom