Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we'll never know for sure, but I remember it was talked about on here because at the time of "Invisible"'s release their latest Oscar bid, "Ordinary Love," had recently been snubbed in favor of that "Frozen" song I'm going to pretend not to know the chorus of.

You have the timeline all mixed up, invisible came out in January 2014, the Oscars were in March of that year, the song was a long out and recorded by the time u2 lost

Ah, true. And I see they won the Golden Globe before the Invisible release, so presumably Disney's "Frozen" wouldn't have been too much on Bono's mind...

I have become fake news.

Who the hell thinks those lines are a reference to Frozen? Come now, Interference.

If they do Fallon this week, then I hope for Colbert during the tour or around album release date. I think he would have a great interview with the band.

As for Conan, I don't know if he has the ratings or reach at TBS for U2 to go on his show. They haven't appeared on his program since 2005.

Am I the only one who thinks at least Bono and Edge will get roped into Car Pool Karaoke with James Corden?

I think most talk shows stipulate that if a guest appears on their show, the same guest can't appear on another competing-network talk show within a certain timeframe (maybe a week or two?) So it makes sense that U2 hits Fallon/NBC now, and then Colbert/CBS when the record is actually about to be released.

Conan is my all-time favourite talk show host so it pains me to admit this, but he's certainly an afterthought in terms of getting big guests at this point in his career. Other than celebs that he's personally friends with, it's hard for Conan to land many big gets.

There is a 100% chance of a U2 carpool karaoke. Fingers crossed for a Larry edition where he and Corden just sit there silently the entire time.

Strongly agree. The final "Invisible" lyrics are mostly notable for taking a cheap shot at Disney's "Frozen," of all things. The lyrics you quoted are kind of emotional for me. :sad:
I agree, although Bono's tinkering has probably also resulted in better lyrics for some other songs. The Frozen reference in Invisible is fairly terrible.
I guess we'll never know for sure, but I remember it was talked about on here because at the time of "Invisible"'s release their latest Oscar bid, "Ordinary Love," had recently been snubbed in favor of that "Frozen" song I'm going to pretend not to know the chorus of.
... what??!?

Is it really a reference to Frozen? For me, those lines mainly call to mind Acrobat ("What happened your face of melting snow?").

Are you two serious?!

What do you all find to be too abstract in the Invisible lyrics?

... what??!?

The answer is here

tumblr_mr1d6tG4Y21r3neteo3_500.gif

Reference to frozen :) :)

U2 didn't get snubbed at the oscars. There was never a hope in hell that they was gonna beat let it go. It's Disney, u2 aren't ever gonna beat Disney.

Made me laugh when people said they delayed the album because of not winning the oscar. They would have never thought they were going to win. It was unlucky for them that they were nominated in a year against probably the biggest soundtrack of all time

Are you two serious?!

What do you all find to be too abstract in the Invisible lyrics?

Uh, I didn't bring up Frozen. Of course Bono wasn't referring to Frozen.

My original point was that the final words to Invisible are more abstract and metaphorical when compared to Bono's first set of lyrics, which were more concrete and specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom