SOE 25 - The Freakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soooooooooooooo.....

is it just me, or has every mention of the album announcement been removed from their official statements online?

still see the bit about Best Thing next week.. but everything else RE new album...?

Good catch. I see the "plus all the news about the album" has been removed off the Facebook posts. Maybe they like what they see from the blackout and are changing some plans.

yeah they're still using the album name.. but I swear the original details said we'd be getting info on the album, no?

I screencapped the first Instagram tease to send to a friend and it clearly said "along with all the album news" after announcing Best Thing on Sept. 6th. That line has since been removed.

Why the change? I can't tell if this is a positive alternation or negative....

here's from when it first broke here:

attachment.php

Song's grown on me a bit. I like the self-deprecating lyrics and I love the bridge (I always love whenever Edge sings).

I think the chorus is missing something, in melody or arrangement. It feels too simple.

Good catch. I see the "plus all the news about the album" has been removed off the Facebook posts. Maybe they like what they see from the blackout and are changing some plans.

Surprise! They're now just going to release the entire album next week!

You guys are doing the thread title justice. :wink:

haha... This is far from a freak out but it is curious why they've removed only that line two days after it was already teased (and more importantly picked up by media outlets). Whether this is a positive or negative development remains to be seen..

Curious to see what happens in Detroit on Sunday. For dramatic effect, The Blackout should probably open the encore, not close the show, but I guess it will work regardless.

Wouldn't it be funny if they pulled an Invisible. Release the song and then.......

.......nothing.

They're experienced at doing it!

Knowing the band, they are rethinking everything. Maybe Edge wasn't happy with how the audience sound came across in the video? Maybe he was impressed and wants to add it to every song on SOE?

Curious to see what happens in Detroit on Sunday. For dramatic effect, The Blackout should probably open the encore, not close the show, but I guess it will work regardless.

Opening the encore would be perfect. I'll be shocked if they don't play it somewhere in the encore on Sunday, but I suppose they've done stranger things.

I won't be shocked if they don't play anything from SoE other than Little Things from now until October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom