Simple poll to determine which album has more supporters here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which album do you personally prefer?

• Pop

Votes: 87 48.6%
  • ATYCLB

Votes: 61 34.1%
  • Neither. I like them both equally.

Votes: 31 17.3%

• Total voters
ATYCLB is their worst.

Pop is in the middle.

It improved live. I'd move it into my top 5 if they recorded a new version with the live styles.

I have a certain fondness for ATYCLB. I didn't really like Pop when I first listened it. However, the songs on Pop were incredible live, so... yeah, both are equal in my eyes.

MrBrau1 said:
Pop is the album for trendy, hipster folk.

Yeah... songs like Please, Gone, IGWSHA, Staring At The Sun, Wake Up Dead Man etc. sound like they're for trendy hipster folk! Stop being rude and making dumbass statements.

MrBrau1 said:
Pop is the album for trendy, hipster folk.

:stirsthepot:

I dunno, it does get alot of support because it's the "unappreciated gem", but the original album has too many rough-spots for me to listen to all the way through.

I think I know who Brau's referring too, the people who post here saying Pop is this and that JUST BECAUSE it's the "underdog" you know?

Would thoughts on this album change if it was a multi-platinum ATYCLB-level success? The music would be the same, but the saturation level would be so much higher.

That might be the real question.

Zootlesque said:

Yeah... songs like Please, Gone, IGWSHA, Staring At The Sun, Wake Up Dead Man etc. sound like they're for trendy hipster folk! Stop being rude and making dumbass statements.

but your own thread is totally showing that your theory was wrong.

Last edited:
Not a hard decision, considering Pop is my favourite album and ATYCLB is my least favourite. Plus I've been hating ATYCLB more than usual lately. I was especially angry last night when I couldn't sleep and New York was stuck in my head :scream:

Also, obligatory sexywink at Zoots :sexywink:

U2Man said:

but your own thread is totally showing that your theory was wrong.

I don't have any theory or anything. But this poll seems to be in agreeance with U2girl's thoughts that there are more POP fans in this forum than that for ATYCLB.

Zootlesque said:

I don't have any theory or anything. But this poll seems to be in agreeance with U2girl's thoughts that there are more POP fans in this forum than that for ATYCLB.

way to turn things around :tsk:

you said that there were probably more atyclb lovers than pop lovers on the board. you were totally wrong. i think you owe someone an apology :tsk:

I voted for both, 'casue sometimes you want to be depressed and bombarded by noise, and sometimes you just wanna sit back and smoke a J know what I'm sayin'?

Canadiens1160 said:
I voted for both, 'casue sometimes you want to be depressed and bombarded by noise, and sometimes you just wanna sit back and smoke a J know what I'm sayin'?

:yes:

I like both albums :hug: and U2. :hug:

I've really come to appreciate the second half of ATYCLB. It's like a shitty Brian Eno solo record like Another Day On Earth. Analyzed it's not really great music, but when just allowed to float around the house it ain't bad.

:lol:

I think I like songs like Peace On Earth, When I Look and NY more than Elevation or Stuck.

Ha, I love how Pop has more votes than ATYCLB and "I like them both equally" combined right now. I didn't expect this to be such a walkover.

Back
Top Bottom