Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • A Man And A Woman

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Original Of The Species

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
In a wonderful double-elimination, Kite was declared the winner, and I did not have to open a can of whoop-ass on those who hate In a Little While.

(I kid. I love you all.)

On to Hut-Dab!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Miracle Drug
- Love And Peace
- City Of Blinding Lights
- All Because Of You
- Crumbs
- A Man and a Woman
- One Step Closer
- Original Of The Species
- Yahweh

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

This one should be interesting - I have no idea what will come out on top with this one, since everyone's views on this album are pretty varied and passionate, for or against it.

I know what I want to win, and I know what I want to be out first:

One Step Clozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzer.

This round will be between One Step Closer and Yahweh.

I'm voting One Step Closer.

1. Crumbs from Your Table
2. Original of the Species
3. City of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
6. All Because of You
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Yahweh
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
9. One Step Closer

phillyfan26 said:
1. Crumbs from Your Table
2. Original of the Species
3. City of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
6. All Because of You
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Yahweh
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
9. One Step Closer

Live:
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Love and Peace or Else
3. Vertigo
4. Yahweh
5. Original of the Species (Atlanta version)
6. Crumbs from Your Table
7. All Because of You
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own

A Man and a Woman. It sucks and it stinks and it sucks. The beat reminds me a bit of Bang and Blame, except Bang and Blame doesn't totally blow.

And I too have no idea what will win this. I'm guessing COBL which is too bad because it kind of sucks. The hook tries too hard and the rest of the lyrics sound like a giant cliche.

Edit: And suddenly OSC is winning. Another double? I'll fire up some alters :)

I love COBL. And YES, pfan, I love the studio version. :wink:

Crumbs or OOTS might give it a run for its money in the final rounds, though.

I like typing OOTS because I pronounce it in my head as "oots," and that makes me giggle.

oots
oots
oots
oots
oots
oots

(hey, it's like techno music!)

Crumbs has too many detractors who point to its one faulty lyric.

It will end up between OOTS and COBL.

COBL's studio version pisses me off because it eliminates Larry's drumming. It has other faults, but that's the missing piece, IMO, that snare work he does live kicks ass.

COBL could have been good. Basically COBL needs better lyrics and OOTS needs better music.

phillyfan26 said:
Crumbs has too many detractors who point to its one faulty lyric.

What lyric is that?

On the topic of "one faulty lyric," I'm hoping these rounds don't end up being another endless rehash of the "freedom has a scent..." line from Miracle Drug.

Note to all: if you hate it, we already know you hate it. If you love it, we already know you love it.

There. Done. No one mention it ever again. :wink:

corianderstem said:

I like typing OOTS because I pronounce it in my head as "oots," and that makes me giggle.

oots
oots
oots
oots
oots
oots

(hey, it's like techno music!)

Yep. Same with "a boy"

corianderstem said:

What lyric is that?

On the topic of "one faulty lyric," I'm hoping these rounds don't end up being another endless rehash of the "freedom has a scent..." line from Miracle Drug.

Note to all: if you hate it, we already know you hate it. If you love it, we already know you love it.

There. Done. No one mention it ever again. :wink:

With a mouth full of teeth
You ate all your friends

I actually like that line in Miracle Drug. If you don't I suggest smelling more babies' heads until you get it.

If there's a line in CFYT that's worse than "intellectual tortoise" I've yet to catch it.

Oh. I guess that one's never bothered me too much.

It's better than "intellectual tortoise," if only for the forced pronunciation to make it rhyme.

Edit: Ha! Cross-post with CTU2Fan.

Couldn't he have come up with a line about "the boys" or something? Or poise? Or anything except tortoise?

Yahweh IMO is another one that's much much better live.

i know i'm risking starting something, but i haaaaaate it live as well. i mean we're talking really, really hate it live. i'm not sure which version i hate more, studio or live.

It's just so noisy on the album. I don't know much about production and am usually lost when people start talking about poor production, but when I listen to Yahweh I think "Can't they tell how shitty that sounds? It sounds like it's all in the red. Have they all gone deaf from years of rock and roll?"

corianderstem said:
It's just so noisy on the album. I don't know much about production and am usually lost when people start talking about poor production, but when I listen to Yahweh I think "Can't they tell how shitty that sounds? It sounds like it's all in the red. Have they all gone deaf from years of rock and roll?"

Yeah. The whole album is mixed really "hot" to where there's distortion but it's most noticeable on a song that clearly shouldn't be that loud in Yahweh.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i know i'm risking starting something, but i haaaaaate it live as well. i mean we're talking really, really hate it live. i'm not sure which version i hate more, studio or live.

Hey no worries. I really really hate Lemon and get killed for it all the time. And of course there's Ax, and One. I also have it on pretty good authority that there's at least one member here who doesn't like Bad.

Voted AMAAW.
One Step Closer is one of the best produced songs on this very loud album.
And we all know extra loud doesn`t mean extra good:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom