Red Rocks Coming To Dvd!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
What was once a rumor is slowly becoming a reality...from atu2.com...

RED ROCKS COMING TO DVD
April 24, 2008
posted by: m2

Our friends at U2tour.de point us to Amazon Germany, where there's a listing for Under A Blood Red Sky on DVD. It shows a release date of July 7 in Germany. Amazon.com and Amazon UK don't have the same DVD listed (yet).

On a related note, it looks like the release dates for the remastered versions of Boy, October, War, and Under A Blood Red Sky are changing by the day. Amazon UK shows those releases now coming in July. Amazon.com still shows them in June. Universal Germany says it could be later than that.

see the listing at Amazon Germany >>

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0017F65AG?tag=u...amp;camp=211189

:dance:

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, they've done transfer-wise. Mostly in regards to the watermark-type effects going on with the film. Although that DOES add to the coolness factor of the show.

And hopefully it's the entire show, with tons of extras, yadda yadda.

I hope the use the 'missing tapes' and re-do this as a full concert with songs in the right order!

:eyebrow: Wasn't there a legal issue re: the original tapes and why isn't U2.com reporting this ?

True, but if they know the remaster Boy/October/War dates, why not the Red rocks DVD ?

I don't know, on Amazon Uk there was a date for Under a Blood Red Sky remaster as well, I suppose that would probably include the DVD in a deluxe format.

The thing about U2.com is that they seem to do things in bouts, three weeks ago they published four different pieces of "news" in two days, now thay are stuck again :shrug: I personally think they should ba paying someone at least part time to work on it, there are many things that are wrong with it, not only the news section.

While it would be great to have a full version of the show with lots of extras, how likely is this? While I hesitate to mention Bon Jovi on this forum, they provide the best example I can think of right now about not taking advantage of the DVD format - their 'Live in London' DVD is a direct port over from VHS without any extra effort in terms of audio / video / extras. While I'm sure that a U2 release will be better than a straight lift from VHS, I'm not getting my expectations up too high...

Morgoth321 said:
While it would be great to have a full version of the show with lots of extras, how likely is this? While I hesitate to mention Bon Jovi on this forum, they provide the best example I can think of right now about not taking advantage of the DVD format - their 'Live in London' DVD is a direct port over from VHS without any extra effort in terms of audio / video / extras. While I'm sure that a U2 release will be better than a straight lift from VHS, I'm not getting my expectations up too high...

Precedence is always helpful. Zoo TV had already been released on VHS, as had PopMart. But both came with fairly significant extras. I don't think the boys will go backwards from what's come in the past.

the first time i ever saw red rocks was on PBS back in 2001... in between songs they'd take a ten minute break to urge people to make donations to PBS.

it was kind of annoying.

I bet this will get delayed until, oh, say, November, especially with the new album's fall release starting to look iffy. I do really hope it's the full show. That might mean next year's fan club gift would be the full remastered soundtrack :drool:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I bet this will get delayed until, oh, say, November, especially with the new album's fall release starting to look iffy. I do really hope it's the full show. That might mean next year's fan club gift would be the full remastered soundtrack :drool:
Instead of waiting for that you need to get familiar with the many tools out there that extract the audio from DVD's. With the right software it is trivial to do it yourself without waiting for U2 to release it on CD.

Well to add fuel to the fire, someone wrote into our local rag asking about U23D and Red Rocks, and the reply was that Red Rocks is rumoured to be released at Christmas.

I also love that the remasters are being pushed back.

AndrewCowley said:

Instead of waiting for that you need to get familiar with the many tools out there that extract the audio from DVD's. With the right software it is trivial to do it yourself without waiting for U2 to release it on CD.

:yes: If you weren't being sarcastic, BIMM, get a hold of a program called ImToo DVD Audio Ripper 4, which is what I use. You need to register it (though my cousin got the registration code somewhere off the internet so I've got a full version for free :D) but it copies the audio right off, to the extent where it is the exact concert, just with no audio.

I have Popmart Mexico City, ZooTV Sydney, Chicago, Boston, Slane, Rattle & Hum all on my ipod :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

COBL_04 said:

:yes: If you weren't being sarcastic, BIMM, get a hold of a program called ImToo DVD Audio Ripper 4, which is what I use. You need to register it (though my cousin got the registration code somewhere off the internet so I've got a full version for free :D) but it copies the audio right off, to the extent where it is the exact concert, just with no audio.

I have Popmart Mexico City, ZooTV Sydney, Chicago, Boston, Slane, Rattle & Hum all on my ipod :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
i have the same program, and it rocks.

it does, though mine would be so much better if it would let me copy the files as mp3s or aacs. only wmas are working, so i have to rip the files, then wait for them to be converted before i can listen. :grumpy:

I'm gonna take a stab at this and guess that this will be 2 discs like Zoo & Pop, and that the bonus material will be from US Festival and Loreley.

Yeah with this rumored to be coming out at Christmas, as well as the re-masters supposedly being pushed back, combined with their comments about how it might not be right for a November release.... I believe a new U2 album will not see the light of day in 2008. Which means fall 2009!!!!!! I know they said March if not November, but P McG said it's pointless to release an album any time other than the fall. Tour 2010!!! Ugh........

Thanks for the tip. The fan club release of the Zoo TV audio was actually better than a rip someone had given me from the DVD. I've stayed in the fan club the last few years hoping to be able to get a higher priority presale code, but I do have to say the sound quality of the fan club CDs is always top-notch.

I really wish U2 would stop releasing everything in the fall. I mean, I know they're out to make money like other bands, but do they have to be so obvious about it?

Anyway, to get this back on topic, I'm really looking forward to seeing Red Rocks again. It's been a really long time since I've seen it, because I haven't had a VCR in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom