Rattle and Hum appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SleepyDeadMan

War Child
So many people think that this album is one of u2's worst. But come on! This album has some great classics such as All I Want is You, one of the greatest slow u2 songs ever, Heatland, just flat out beautiful, God Part II, When Love Comes to Town, pure rock out blues, Angel of Harlem (which I love), and then there's the Edge solo Van Diemen's Land.

The live parts of the record are also very good imo (including all along the watchtower:drool: ) Come on everybody, give it up for Rattle and Hum!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

SleepyDeadMan said:
ohhh, my bad, thanx

Nah, it's ok man, I'm just playin' - nobody cares if there's 2 or 3 or 100 appreciation threads for the same album/song/etc.

Van Dieman's Land, Desire, Angel Of Harlem, and All I Want Is You rule.

Appreciate away.

namkcuR said:

Nah, it's ok man, I'm just playin' - nobody cares if there's 2 or 3 or 100 appreciation threads for the same album/song/etc.

Van Dieman's Land, Desire, Angel Of Harlem, and All I Want Is You rule.

Appreciate away.

In that case R&H=:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool::wink:

2nd best album

If you take Rattle and Hum as a little side project to the band's cuet l'il 'Journey Through America' and a companion to the film, it's nifty and rootsy and lame in a cute way.

If you take Rattle and Hum as a U2 album, it would probably be the pre-moistened sanitary wipe that is used to clean off the Zooropa baby's bum bum after it takes a dump in its experimental diapers.

I mean, come on, Rattle and Hum can't be THAT bad.
It led to Achtung Baby anyway, right?

:eyebrow:

EDIT: It's like Rattle and Hum takes all the emotional searching and subtlety of the Joshua Tree and throws it into a big blender with lots of cheese and corn, and spits out a milky, Southwestern crapshake that, although sweet to begin with, gives you horrible bowel movements several days later.

Oh, and this article is hilarious, please be offended by it:
http://www.bobvogt.com/high_bias/rattle_and_hum.htm

Last edited:
:heart: Rattle and Hum (The title alone puts it on my A-list).

Best part for me: All Along the Watchtower
Worst part: Van Dieman's Land-not Edge's best work

i love it but im always thinking, what would have happened if U2 had released the album just like this:

1. Desire
2. Hawkmoon 269
3. Heartland
4. Angel Of Harlem
5. God Part II
6. Van Diemen's Land
7. When Love Comes To Town
8. All I Want Is You

and the movie, just as it is:drool:

Back
Top Bottom