Rate The Song: Elvis Presley and America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley and America

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Time to rank the second half of The Unforgettable Fire!

Please rate Elvis Presley and America on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

I'm still liking the song more and more as I listen to it more often. 8

Not one of the better tracks on the album, but quite interesting and certainly ambitious. A heck of lot better than "Moment of Surrender"!

I can't really get behind Bono's awful, awful vocals or the song's length, but I've derived some amazing lyrics from this one, and Edge has some wonderful guitar flourishes here. It's an extremely flawed composition, but at least it's interesting. 7.

Wuh-wuh-what??? :lol:
Yes... and in fact, it might be better than Eddie Murphy's solo album!!! (I don't wanna get too controversial, though.)
19738.jpg

Incorrect. PATT is the greatest Eddie Murphy song ever. Non-debatable.
That song is on the above album.

Whether "Elvis Presley and America" is better than William Shatner's version of "Mr. Tambourine Man" is another hotly-debated topic I don't want to breach quite yet...

Worst U2 song ever. I hate it, it sucks, it's rambling nonsense that only exists for the sake of being abstract and has no merits whatsoever.

Worst U2 song ever. I hate it, it sucks, it's rambling nonsense that only exists for the sake of being abstract and has no merits whatsoever.
You may not be aware of the general Interference policy of praising everything associated with Unforgettable Fire to the skies. A frank and honest assessment of a track therein that disappoints you may result in physical and verbal abuse from forum members. May Interference have mercy on your soul.

You're the worst U2 song. I hate you, you suck, you're rambling nonsense and you only exist for the sake of being abstract. You have no merits whatsoever.

You may not be aware of the general Interference policy of praising everything associated with Unforgettable Fire to the skies. A frank and honest assessment of a track therein that disappoints you may result in physical and verbal abuse from forum members. May Interference have mercy on your soul.

Any frank and "honest assessment" of 'The Unforgettable Fire' by definition, involves "praising (it) to the skies." Up towards the blue sky, to be specific.

Or, put another way, "praising The 'Unforgettable Fire' to the skies" is, by definition, a "frank and honest assessment."

There's no room (or need) for argument on this particular point.

As far as "verbal and physical abuse" committed by some forum members...if there are those doing that here, they are not real U2 or TUF fans. As many here are aware, I'm considered somewhat of a "beacon of peace" on this site, and as such condemn all such uncivil and discourteous comments.

So say we all.

Normally I would agree with this statement but no, I'd say that was 'Trip Through Your Wires'. But that is for another thread discussion.

Let's face it, even U2 at their shittiest moment (take your pick, there's one from every album) during the period of 1981 to oh, about 1991 or so is about a gazillion times better than Big Girls Are Best. Fuck, the reggae cover of Dont Take Your Guns To Town was better than BGAB!

Therefore, while I respect her right to an opinion, it's just not realistic to say it's U2's worst song ever.

This thread reminds how useless 'rating' threads can be in here.
it amuses me how personally some are taking how people are ranking some stuff. zomg someone ranked my favourite song evar a 4! chillax, i bet you'll probably end up ranking their favourite a 4 as well. it'll even out. besides, we all know what the end result will be: the same freaking thing it is every damn time any of these polls are run. at the end of the day does it really make a difference if random u2 song makes spot #66 or 65?

Let's face it, even U2 at their shittiest moment (take your pick, there's one from every album) during the period of 1981 to oh, about 1991 or so is about a gazillion times better than Big Girls Are Best. Fuck, the reggae cover of Dont Take Your Guns To Town was better than BGAB!

Therefore, while I respect her right to an opinion, it's just not realistic to say it's U2's worst song ever.

At least "Big Girls are Best" was a B-side and didn't ruin an otherwise fantastic album.

I'd rather listen to Big Girls Are Best on a loop for 24 hours than listen to 24 seconds of The Refugee.

it amuses me how personally some are taking how people are ranking some stuff. zomg someone ranked my favourite song evar a 4! chillax, i bet you'll probably end up ranking their favourite a 4 as well. it'll even out. besides, we all know what the end result will be: the same freaking thing it is every damn time any of these polls are run. at the end of the day does it really make a difference if random u2 song makes spot #66 or 65?

no, but some of us still enjoy it :)

Back
Top Bottom