Pull Out Those "One" singles......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok, what seems like decades ago, I downloaded all of U2's non album songs (11 O'Clock, Boy-Girl, Race Against....etc....). Today, Passengers (Finally!) and Million Dollar Hotel came in the mail. Unfortunately, I soon realized that the remixed version of "Satellite of Love" on the soundtrack sounds identical to the one that I downloaded. So, that must mean that I don't have the original version. Anyway, how long is the original version of the song and is there a female voice in it, or just Bono?

And if you've really got a trick up your sleeve, you could possibly point me to an MP3 of the song..........:yes:

Hello,

U2's original cover of the Lou Reed song is exactly 4 minutes. And no, there's no female voice on it, just U2 (and Gavin Friday providing some 'pom pom poms'). As for an MP3 of the song, you might try Sicy's FTP (address can be found in the MP3/Music On The Internet forum).

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

U2's original cover of the Lou Reed song is exactly 4 minutes. And no, there's no female voice on it, just U2 (and Gavin Friday providing some 'pom pom poms'). As for an MP3 of the song, you might try Sicy's FTP (address can be found in the MP3/Music On The Internet forum).

C ya!

Marty

Thanks.

Just downloaded it. Great to find that there's another U2 song when you think you've heard it all. :)

I've never heard Lou Reed's version, but the ones from Million Dollar Hotel were on the spot. U2's is great as well, Bono sings it so charmingly. A bit too cutesy for my tastes a tad, but still a great listen.

Back
Top Bottom