Progression of HTDAAB Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Full Metal Jacket --->Native Son ----> Vertigo
Xanax and Wine ---> Fast Cars
Tough --> Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
"The God Song" ---> Yahweh
Levitate ---> Mercy? (This is a stretch)
Smile --->Miracle Drug??

So far, I haven't figured anything else out, like the following :

Bulldozer (people say this turned into Elevation, but I know I read reports after ATYCLB stating this was a song they brought out from the ATYCLB sessions. Maybe it turned into Love and Peace or Else?)

Lead Me The Way I Should Go
A Man's a Man
The Sun, The Moon and the Stars

Any other thoughts? I was bored and thought it would be kind of fun and interesting to try and see the progression of the songs. If you see anything that needs corrected, please feel free to do so. This is by no means correct.

I thought Fast Cars was something they just busted out their last day in the studio. Could Xanax and Wine be Mercy (based on the first line)?

BTW, what ever happened to Skyhawk? Was that one of the incarnations of Full Metal Jacket/Native Son/Vertigo? Or is that something completely different?

I listened to Xanax and Wine on the iTunes box set thing and it has the same chorus, tempo and chord progression of Fast Cars.

it's mostly Bono swicthing up lyrics.

Someone said A Man and A Woman is Sun, Moon, Stars on another thread, I dont know if they were guessing or if had rea dit somewhere.

My guess is that Bulldozer is Love and Peace or Else.
Yes, I am aware that Love and Peace was a 'song' on the board.
But that could just be a set of lyrics for all we know.
It's just a guess, but listen to the intro and tell me that doesnt have Bulldozer written all over it. Besides, that was all that exsted of the song, the intro and Larry's drums. And Larry said 'Bulldozer' was his favorite track. I don't know, sounded good at the time :)

U2Fan101 said:
Full Metal Jacket --->Native Son ----> Vertigo
Xanax and Wine ---> Fast Cars
Tough --> Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
"The God Song" ---> Yahweh
Levitate ---> Mercy? (This is a stretch)
Smile --->Miracle Drug??

So far, I haven't figured anything else out, like the following :

Bulldozer (people say this turned into Elevation, but I know I read reports after ATYCLB stating this was a song they brought out from the ATYCLB sessions. Maybe it turned into Love and Peace or Else?)

Lead Me The Way I Should Go
A Man's a Man
The Sun, The Moon and the Stars

Any other thoughts? I was bored and thought it would be kind of fun and interesting to try and see the progression of the songs. If you see anything that needs corrected, please feel free to do so. This is by no means correct.

u havent got it totaly correct

its: Full Metal Jacket + Native Son --->Vertigo

full metal jacket was the guitar riff, native son was the lyrics

:D

Back
Top Bottom