predict the day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
predict the day that we'll actually hear "Vertigo", as in when it's leaked to the internet.

the closest to the date gets a good ole pat on the back, unless you're a lady, then you'll get my digits.

my guess: Saturday, Sept 14th.

Its either going to be Friday 18th, Monday 20th or Tuesday 21st September 2004. I can feel it. I can already see the articles on how it was leaked.

'Radio station (insert radio station name here) has leaked the new U2 single 'Vertigo' from U2's upcoming album whos name is to be announced next week. The song was handed out to radio station via mp3 files under strict instructions not to play the song until September 24th. However, a DJ at the radio station sent the song to a friend which sent off a chain reaction causing the song to be sent out everywhere on the internet. The OK has been given by Universal for the song to be played on radio stations earlier than the official date. U2's new album will be due out November 23rd in North America.'

Yeah, the weekend before, which would be Sept. 17th-19th. I'm hoping for sometime sooner. Why does the 1 month wait seem longer than the 4 year wait we've had???

I'm thinking September 21 as a pre-release single on itunes - just got off that site where REM and interpol both have pre-release singles starting today - just have a feeling that itunes will play a part in the launch of the new album

oops. sept 14th isn't a saturday. i'm actually thinking saturday, sept. 18th.

Well it goes to Japan first. So they'll get the promos first (you'd think) although they may go out at the same time, but I'm guessing Japan will get the promo frist.

And at that point you can guarantee it will be on the radio short thereafter. Goes to radio Japan, they are supposed to to play it on the 17th, someone plays it early, it gets recorded and uploaded. That's why I say the 16th.

And I'm probably totally fucking wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom