OOtS... I don't get it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:
He's entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to an opinion of his opinion! ;)

Ok your opinion on his opinion is duly noted but my opinion on your opinion of his opinion was maybe a bit unfair.:wink:

bedouin fire said:
uninspired lyrics (short verse, long chorus repeated a lot of times), melody for a teenage pop band (maybe that's the intention), and why the hell sounding like the beatles is a good thing?
the guitar is ok
could be a b-side

It's true... I've always loved lyrics in which someone says "woke up sucking a lemon" and "two colors in my head" repeatedly over and over again.

Judah said:
It's an ok song...but almost TOO poppy for U2. The lyric "i'll give you everything that you want, except the thing that you want" (or something) is the really embarassing lyric. C'mon, Bono, you can do better than that.

I have no problem with the lyrics... there's truth in it the idea behind it and it flows...

Howver, I think Bono is being too inspired by Oasis these days... his rhymes are starting to suffer.

rjhbonovox said:

Hang on its an awful post cos he don't like the song? He is entitled to his opinion. I reckon its the best track on the album but that don't make me right.

NOBODY IS RIGHT, don't you get it now? Or wrong. Music is subjective. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of how good a song is.
Except maybe for every day MTV music.

Dr_Macphisto said:

I personally find the lyrics a little cheesy... Bono's overuse of "soul" and "kneel" on HTDAAB is kinda insulting.

It's called having a theme.

like nearly every other thread about a single song here, this has turned into a pissing contest..

but anyway, I love the song, the lyrics may not be the most profound of Bono's work, but they're great, and they're inspirational..

and when edge comes in with the guitar a second before Bono sings "Everywhere you go you shout it..." brings a smile to my face every time :)

Honestly, Original was really the only song I felt let down by...I guess my expectations were too high because I thought the live Bono+Piano only version was really fantastic. I felt that a full band version could only be better...but honestly, it feels a bit too much to me.

Ummm... if you don't like OOTS you're wrong, plain and simple. I'm tired of this "it's all a matter of taste!" crap, that's just for overly politically correct people who are too afraid to hurt people's feelings.

OOTS is the best song on the album. Period. If you disagree you have BAD TASTE.

Ooohhh boohoo :( :(

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Ummm... if you don't like OOTS you're wrong, plain and simple. I'm tired of this "it's all a matter of taste!" crap, that's just for overly politically correct people who are too afraid to hurt people's feelings.

OOTS is the best song on the album. Period. If you disagree you have BAD TASTE.

Ooohhh boohoo :( :(

I think its the best tune on the album also along with Love and Peace Or Else.

U2girl said:

It's called having a theme.

Such fiery intensity in your words!

Really though, I understand that you might be a little pissed and mystified as to why I don't like this song (i get the same way when people don't like my favs), but could the sarcasm be kept to a dull roar?

Much obliged!

I wasn't being sarcastic nor am I mistified or pissed at the dislike for OOTS, so tone it down with the mocking.

But what you call "overuse" of words is really a way of keeping the album's theme.
(what did you think of "moon" and "sun" appearances on AB or "see", "fire", "wind" appearing on JT, then?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom