OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh I didn't know Everlasting Love WAS a cover! :uhoh:

who was the original artist/or best known version.

The best known version is probably by The Love Affair. It's from 1967.

I missed their cover of WGFA......... have to look around for iy..? on Utube ?

U2 played that song once, at their Irving Plaza concert (ATYCLB promo gig in New York, December 2000)

The best known version is probably by The Love Affair. It's from 1967.

U2 played that song once, at their Irving Plaza concert (ATYCLB promo gig in New York, December 2000)

THNAKS!

I missed it...b/c I was running to the subway to try & see if you could HEAR them from outside of Irving Plaza .
FYI you can't.

I'd been in IP several times- The Clash, Patti Smith Band, Midnight Oil etc.

They'd be the first ones to tell you that they've never been good at covers. Watching that Who clip is funny - Does Adam screw up the change in the chorus every single time or what? Every time. Good lord.

They'd be the first ones to tell you that they've never been good at covers. Watching that Who clip is funny - Does Adam screw up the change in the chorus every single time or what? Every time. Good lord.

As much as I enjoy Adam's bass work with U2, playing John Entwistle's lines is obviously not his forte. He didn't play a single lick from the original, which has a pretty heavy bassline. And that part you are talking about is a bass fill which Adam doesn't play.
What's frustrating is that really, it's not very hard, but it's a big part of the tune.
U2, stick to originals.

The drumming is quite slack too and bono's pepsi coke generation thing was corny lol

this sucks, one album in 4 years is a joke
it should be an album every 3 years... I hate to complain but U2 seems to be the only big artist to do this..

Why are they so slow... now I mean?

I just saw this; been away from the internet for a while. I'm pretty gutted if it's true (I'm still perhaps unrationally hoping that they are just trying to confuse us and heighten the surprise when it drops in October/November). Has there been any discussion on what this would do to the tour?

i heard on a local atlanta radio station about 2 months ago that a new album was coming out around october, the dj's said that.

You've got to be kidding me. :lmao:

Everlasting Love is okay, but there are dozens of Night and Day interpretations that shit on U2's.

I see it completely differently, even though I'm generally not a fan of cover songs from U2.

I think the Cole Porter cover is amazing, especially the 2003 live version.

But Everlasting Love is lame, all the other version of this song I've heard are much better.

There are some good and some bad covers U2 have done. Generally I'd rather they stick to their own songs.

this sucks, one album in 4 years is a joke
it should be an album every 3 years... I hate to complain but U2 seems to be the only big artist to do this..

Why are they so slow... now I mean?

They were on tour for two years and started to work on the new album last year.

And they are certainly not the only big act to have such large intervals between albums. Especially big acts like to take their time these days.

I've realised I have to wait quite a while for the album, I do hope they will release another album in 2 years after this upcoming one.:waiting: :beer:

Last edited:
They were on tour for two years and started to work on the new album last year.

That whole argument is total crap. The Boy Tour was the second longest in terms of number of shows and yet October came out the next year. They played over a hundred shows on the War Tour yet TUF came out the next year. They released Zooropa while on tour. :shrug:

That whole argument is total crap. The Boy Tour was the second longest in terms of number of shows and yet October came out the next year. They played over a hundred shows on the War Tour yet TUF came out the next year. They released Zooropa while on tour. :shrug:

The other arguement is, by giving themselves space between albums, thewy have given themselves time away and probably added to their longevity as a band.

A lot of bands have a couple of albums on top of each other and just burn out.

U2 have spaced their albums so well they are still an active band after 29 years together.

Well U2 have an Album of the year as their last Album so they are doing well, quality wise and longevity wise.

I want to remind you that U2 were 20 back then and are in their late 40s right now. You don't work like you worked 25 years ago when you have reached a certain age. I know I don't, and I don't feel the need to do it. I would rather they take their time and make one thing after the other instead of rushing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom