Not the final version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFirstBigW

The Fly
Does anyone else have the feeling that this version (the "Valencia" download) is not the final, fully polished version of Vertigo? Is it maybe a leak of an early mix like the first leaked version of Electrical Storm?

Or can anyone who has heard it on the radio verify whether or not it was the same version as the download?

General consensus seems to be that it is the single version and we will see a longer, better version on the album.

Well it's certainly ONE final version because that's the one they're playing on Aussie radio. But I suspect there are more.

All 4 singles from Pop had different radio/single versions. There were numerous versions of Elevation, and a couple each of Electrical Storm and Hands...America.

I'm guessing the album version has that stall/gap in the middle section like the beach recording we heard. And there's also going to be a "live" studio version on the DVD single.

Interesting. Maybe they decided that the "stall/gap" wouldn't play as well on the radio because people tuning into/out of the song at different points might misinterpret it as being either the beginning or end of the song?

TheFirstBigW said:
Interesting. Maybe they decided that the "stall/gap" wouldn't play as well on the radio because people tuning into/out of the song at different points might misinterpret it as being either the beginning or end of the song?

Someone else on here mentioned radio stations hate dead air, so moreso than that, it might be because they didn't want some DJ to come in and blather over the final chorus (as I have heard on some songs that do stop short before the final chorus).

TheFirstBigW said:

Yeah, good point. And come to think of it, the stall in the album version of Elevation was removed in the single (Tomb Raider) mix.

I think it's a single edit because they left out Bono counting from 4 to 13 in espanol. :wink:

Sorry couldn't resist. I want to know the answer to that video question too.

3:11 seems like a short short song, you would think it would almost have to be longer than that. Maybe not by much, but a little longer. Didn't the interference interview say that it included that stop in the song? Like a plug being pulled from the record player or whatever? I dunno.

I dunno if this is only an edit, this might be the whole song. Oh I'll be happy if it is a bit longer with the stop/gap, but I think this might be the final version.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it is.

I very much hope we'll get a longer and better version for the album. This really feels like a radio edit.

I'm not sure of the version I have downloaded, but I'm pretty sure it's the Valencia one because it's from yesterday and very good quality.

But today (Friday) I heard the song a few times on the radio, and I swear it sounded a bit different. More precisely, Bono's singing was clearly different at the end ( and actually better).

Am I crazy, or are there already more than one version out there?

Back
Top Bottom