North Dakota shoots down a bill to honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Axver, did New Zealand ever consider some sort of bill honoring Bono?

No?

I'm not talking to you anymore.

If your country doesn't at some point contemplate some sort of Bono-honoring legislation, it's officially boycotted.

AtomicBono said:
Hey Axver, did New Zealand ever consider some sort of bill honoring Bono?

No?

I'm not talking to you anymore.

If your country doesn't at some point contemplate some sort of Bono-honoring legislation, it's officially boycotted.

Hey AtomicBono, did Bono ever write a song named after a hill in your country?

No?

I'm not talking to you any more.

If Bono thinks so lowly of the hills in your country that he won't even name a song after one, then clearly anyone from that country in question is a lesser person in comparison to myself and all other Kiwis. Humph! I look down my nose at you!

Axver said:

No?

If Bono thinks so lowly of the hills in your country that he won't even name a song after one, then clearly anyone from that country in question is a lesser person in comparison to myself and all other Kiwis. Humph! I look down my nose at you!

:tsk: Bono found a worthy hill in your country to write a song about and you guys (collectively, since clearly every citizen influences the country's decisions equally) still don't want to honor him with some sort of considered honorary legislation?

fyi, Bono wrote an album about my country. it's called "The Joshua Tree." (don't know why your country felt the need to invade our album) ever since there's been some confusion as to whether U2 is Irish or not. Or maybe that's only the last couple days on Interference. I can't remember.

AtomicBono said:
:tsk: Bono found a worthy hill in your country to write a song about and you guys (collectively, since clearly every citizen influences the country's decisions equally) still don't want to honor him with some sort of considered honorary legislation?

fyi, Bono wrote an album about my country. it's called "The Joshua Tree." (don't know why your country felt the need to invade our album) ever since there's been some confusion as to whether U2 is Irish or not. Or maybe that's only the last couple days on Interference. I can't remember.

Hey, we sacrificed one of our sons for that song. Don't you think that's enough?

And The Joshua Tree totally is not about your country. Let's see where the songs are about: Ethiopia, nowhere in particular, nowhere in particular, Central America (and critical of the US), Dublin, England, Arizona, New Zealand, nowhere in particular, South America. You get just one song. That's not an entire album. Typical arrogant American, you fail! :tsk:

North Dakota has moved on to more important things. Perhaps we should too...
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Among the thousands of people frantically flapping in the snow Saturday in an attempt to set the record for the most snow angels ever made were parents, children, even snowplow drivers.
And then there was Pauline Jaeger — who on her 99th birthday, was making her very first angel.

"It's fun," Jaeger said. "I feel just like a kid."

More than 8,900 people flapped their arms and legs on the state Capitol grounds Saturday in an attempt to reclaim the record, which was snatched away about a year ago in Michigan.

The Guinness Book of Records still must confirm the number. The snow angel category was created in 2002 when 1,791 people made snow angels on the Capitol grounds in North Dakota.

Marilyn Snyder, curator of education for the State Historical Society of North Dakota, said 8,910 people registered for Saturday's attempt to break the record of 3,784 snow angels set by students at Michigan Technological University in Houghton.

"That's more than 5,000 more people than what Michigan had," Snyder said. "It's going to be tough to top."

Miles Keeler, a city snowplow driver, took off work for about an hour to make a snow angel with his wife, Connie, and his 13-year-old daughter Kaitlin. Keeler, 49, who's bearded and burly, said it had been decades since he had made a snow angel.

"It's all in the spirit of competition," he said. Afterward, he said, he planned to plow Bismarck-area roads for 12 more hours. The National Weather Service reported 10 inches on the ground in Bismarck on Saturday.

Mel Schlittenhardt of Bismarck brought her three children, including her 5-month-old daughter. The infant even made a snow angel by being spun around in her car seat.

"I think this is a great opportunity to show kids how fun the winter can be in North Dakota," Schlittenhardt said.

Edna Arvidson, 84, of Bismarck, said she participated in the city's record-setting event in 2002.

"It's fun and puts us on the map," Arvidson said. "People think there's nothing going on up here."

North Dakota had planned to organize earlier in the winter, but had to delay the attempt due to a lack of snow. Michigan is keeping a close eye on the record, though — and vows to try and snatch it back.

"That's phenomenal organization and something really to be proud of," said Paul Judge, a Michigan Tech biochemistry major who helped organize Michigan's attempt. "I'm sure once their numbers are verified, there will be a quick reorganization attempt here to reclaim our record."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-02-18-snow-angel_x.htm

We should be angry at the other 49 states for NOT proposing bills honoring Bono.

at least North Dakota showed some initiative.

Damn you Idaho.

I think the entire world should, and if they don't, they're communists...

...Goulet!

51995191_9d815cba21_m.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:

Don't forget Chuck Noris and Carl Weathers! :hyper:

Opperation: North Dakota! :drool:

Carl Weathers is a badass, but will manage to lose a limb

(see: Predator, Happy Gilmore)

I have posted at Interference while visiting North Dakota!

redhotswami said:
North Dakota has moved on to more important things. Perhaps we should too...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-02-18-snow-angel_x.htm

I think you guys have really missed something here....redhotswami has a VERY important and valid point.

North Dakota has moved on....they have found the way to make people realize they exsist - setting a Guiness (still Irish?) Book World Recod with the largest gathering of Snow angel makers!

Congrats North Dakota! Congrats! Way to put yourself on the map!

Axver said:

No?

Nice. A hill!

Hey Axver...where is the Angel of Harlem from? Where is the Heartland (AtomicBono lives in the Heartland)? Miami? Yeah...not in Kiwiville - but yes, it must be a nice hill.

:wink:

AtomicBono said:

that's what I said! :wink:

I don't read, just aimlessly type. :wink:

Operation: North Dakota's elite fighting team:

Jack Bauer
Chuck Norris
Carl Weathers
and Jaleel White aka Steven Q. Urkel

May the rest of the world follow North Dakota's lead and stop with all the Bono worship. Get his sorry ass back in the recording studio.

I'm talking to you, Oprah.

corianderstem said:
I can't believe this thread is on the 4th page, and no one has made a Fargo reference.

:(

I remember reading something about Fargo in here.

I might've been too busy pushing someone into a meat grinder.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I remember reading something about Fargo in here.

I might've been too busy pushing someone into a meat grinder.

"I suppose that was your friend back there. In the wood chipper. ... all for a little bit of money."

Marge Gunderson

:love:

corianderstem said:

"I suppose that was your friend back there. In the wood chipper. ... all for a little bit of money."

Marge Gunderson

:love:

150x223.jpg

Buchemi!

zonelistener said:

Nice. A hill!

Hey Axver...where is the Angel of Harlem from? Where is the Heartland (AtomicBono lives in the Heartland)? Miami? Yeah...not in Kiwiville - but yes, it must be a nice hill.

Angels aren't real. :tsk:

Heartland? It's so generalised and broad! It shows how wishy-washy your country is, Bono couldn't even pin down anything. See, New Zealand provides for much better, more specific material.

Miami? Given the quality of the song, I think that's meant to actually be an insult.

Though North And South Of The Dakotas was pretty legendary! :up:

pfffftt :lmao:

Don't think Bono would even know where Bismark ND even is, let alone care of some faceless lawmakers there want to honor him or not.

I mean, really, he's probably got better things to do.

One would hope writing songs that don't include kneeling, please, or anything involving begging in them.

One could also hope these folks are more concerned with running the state than with honoring an Irish rock star..not that I don't like Bono or what he does; in fact, I admire it - but wouldn't it be a lot more sensible to actually follow his lead than hand him a useless 'reward'?

Back
Top Bottom