no radio play here in dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BestDrummer

The Fly
its the 24th and no vertigo here in dallas..

anyways i really like the song. it feels like there are alot of past u2 elements in the mix aswell as a fresh new sound done by other bands but not by u2. anyways it dint give me chills like the first time i listened to beatifull day but it wasnt bad either..

Well, I just moved here about 6 weeks ago so I really don't know too many of the stations.

But someone at work told me that they had heard a promo and DJ talking about it on some station that plays 10 in row, maybe 102.9 (does that station exist?).

I haven't really been listening to the radio though since I burned a CD with 80 minutes of Vertigo on it.

I haven't heard it either. Don't feel bad. I think some programming directors for some stations just are really out of touch.

They'll be playing it a week from now and passing it off as "brand new". Corporate fuckign radio eats my ass.

That's odd, its getting played every hour even here in Arkansas -- the supposed backwards hick capital of the US.

I know Dallas has at least a couple decent rock stations.

I can only depend on the local college run radio station. They are probably sick of me calling and or emailing every day since it came out.

The other stations here :down:

i've only heard it twice in dallas/ft worth since its release on the edge 102.1 and jack fm. i did hear jesse on 102.1 talking about it for a few seconds. it seems like since the eagle went away, they've slowly faded u2 out of their playlist. oh well......

Here I am at the bottom of the world in Van Diemens Land and it been played since the Friday of its release...

BestDrummer said:
still no u2 in dallas at all!!!

Actually, I'm not sure about that. One of the people I work with has heard it quite a few times on 93.3 (The Bone?) with very favorable remarks by the DJ.

Ever since I burned it to a CD I haven't really been listening to the radio.

They are apparently playing it on 102.1 and 93.3. You can see it here if you go to 7 Day Reports/Station Playlists and search for Dallas.

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/

I must say though that your stations suck if you are looking for rock. Much better here in Chicago! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom