New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd clip. The audio cuts out with 20 seconds left to go on it for me or so (50 some odd second long clip.) I'd describe it, but im off to bed. Night! :wave:

okay. ill wait a few more seconds to go to bed. starts out with adam strumming the bass with more of a crunch sound, or thats what it looks like. then they start to apparently play a track - drums etc., over it, but the audio cuts out as adam actually begins playing bass. either thats intentional, or they'll fix it soon.

Seemed like a waste. I guess we got the very beginning of a song....but would have been nice to get more than 1/2 a second of the song.

Sounds like it jumps right into the vocals and a very different sound for the song. Too hard to tell. Think I heard an organ which gave it a odd flavor.

I guess we'll have to wait another week or two before the next clip comes out.

Hot damn! They're making me log in everyday now... twice if not more. That bass bit sounds great. I'm not a tech by any means, but that short clip gave me an impression of the bass leading the song much like a lead guitar. Sweet stuff! It'll be a crazy summer full of teasing clips. :hyper:

Ugh, what a tease, turning off the track after playing it for like .5 seconds :drool:

but would have been nice to get more than 1/2 a second of the song.
QUOTE]

Hot damn! They're making me log in everyday now... twice if not more. QUOTE]

I agree---kind of annoying that they're giving us such small, almost useless bits of music. But there's one thing I like about these clips---it seems like U2 have finally mastered the ability to flood us with their presence and "advertising" for the new album all while essentially keeping it all in a shroud of mystery. They used to be great at the mystery part, until the last two albums where it seemed like they preferred to have a perennial presence in the media. Now they're giving us glimpses to keep them fresh in our minds and build a decent enough buzz about the album without being annoyingly everywhere. Hats off!

Seemed like a waste. I guess we got the very beginning of a song....but would have been nice to get more than 1/2 a second of the song.

Sounds like it jumps right into the vocals and a very different sound for the song. Too hard to tell. Think I heard an organ which gave it a odd flavor.

I guess we'll have to wait another week or two before the next clip comes out.

I also heard an organ... :hmm:

That bass bit sounds great. I'm not a tech by any means, but that short clip gave me an impression of the bass leading the song much like a lead guitar. Sweet stuff!

I don't think that's bass. Adam's fingers don't slide down the fretboard as they should, based upon the audio. It looks like he's just playing a single note - C on the second string - over a distorted C barre chord (guitar).

Yeah, I don't think that's the bass either at the beginning. Not really deep enough. I think he's just playing the key that the guitar is in.

It looks like he may be getting ready to overdub a part, or more likely, he just wanted something odd to do in front of his camera.

Do you guys think the bass part that plays before the song starts is also part of a song? Like the dun-dun-dunnn and then the weird sort of echo part that it doesn't look like Adam is playin...it sounds so cool...reminds me of the Zoo Station intro a bit

if thats the intro to that song thats awesome!

Went back and listened to the Edge clip. Really like the bass in the 2nd part of the clip. Kind of a Western feel to it. Reminds me of the Wanderer live, and even One. Bass is there to support, but really kind of drives the song.

omg I loooooove the bass intro, :drool: even if its not all the bass it is a very awesome intro with the echoing sounds... very achtung and i looove that =]

--Edit. Wait a minute...

I think this clip relates to the green tea and larry drumming part. Right when they cut it off adam plays the riff like he did with the green tea vid that dunna na na na nuna nun nana naaa. Except without it plugged it or something.... but i'm not music person so im not sure but it deffinetly sounds zoo station. Im gettings so excited i could watch this for hours.... :D

Also theres some very quiet ambient high pitched noises in the background which were like the ones on zoo station. I love how it sounds like a machine starting up though but we do get to hear like half a second of vocals when before they stop the clip off on their computer. It sounds like "can you...." but hey.... i could be wrong and probably am but i like to speculate

I don't think that's bass. Adam's fingers don't slide down the fretboard as they should, based upon the audio. It looks like he's just playing a single note - C on the second string - over a distorted C barre chord (guitar).

Well, that is why I have you here. Thanks for point that out. :up:

OMG I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

this sounds un-fucking-believable....it sounds so crazy and distorted and rockin....This next tour is going to be fucking unreal

I think this song is the same song we heard during Larry's drumming clip....when the song breaks in...it's really hard to tell though, but that's what I'd guess

I wanna hear some vocals now.....

Also, don't think anybody cares or even if it's worth mentioning, but I watched it again today and an observation. why did they bother playing that drum/organ etc. at all? it lasted for .5 seconds and originally (late at night, didn't want to blast it) when I heard it I thought the audio cut out entirely. but that's clearly not the case, especially since you can see the audio levels on the technicians computer go completely flat after it stops. pretty strange clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom