New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, third clip had a great beat! Wonder where we're gonna hear that!

Awesome. Kinda funny, though---the part that interests me the most is the little riff he plays right before he tunes in the 1st clip. It has the most "different" feel to it...again with a little Spanish feel or something.

Awesome. Kinda funny, though---the part that interests me the most is the little riff he plays right before he tunes in the 1st clip. It has the most "different" feel to it...again with a little Spanish feel or something.

yeah i'm surprised this hasn't been getting more attention...I enjoyed all of the clips....this first one sounded really cool though, I could imagine a really cool melody from Bono over that....:hmm:

he plays it very quietly but it's really cool

For those of you doubting that it's Edge in the last pic... refer to the picture of Edge on this page:

U2place - U2 al lavoro ad Hanover Quay! - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

He's wearing: a baseball cap, and (under his jacket) a hoodie possibly similar to the one he's wearing in the video.

I dunno about that...it seems to me that the video clips were done all fairly close in time together...and throughout the other two clips Edge had his traditional beenie (no brim) and someone else had a cap with a brim. Also, the back of the hair seems more hair than I've seen on Edge in a mighty long time. But I guess it's a video of Edge playing, so it must be Edge, I guess :shrug:

ETA: ok now this is buggin me...look at the back of Edge's neck in the first clips, the hair looks pretty trim/close shaved....look at that last clip...there's wayyyy more hair there at the back. How did all that hair get there? lol

ETA: ok now this is buggin me...look at the back of Edge's neck in the first clips, the hair looks pretty trim/close shaved....look at that last clip...there's wayyyy more hair there at the back. How did all that hair get there? lol

I don't think that last clip is Edge. I don't know who it is, but it's not Edge, unless he miraculously grew over inch of hair in the back.

I don't know...I doubt it's him, too. Not only is there hair, but he would've had to have grown it out (only in the back, mind you, as he doesn't have any on the top) AND dyed it, since he's almost fully grey. On top of that, it kind of looks a little curly, which isn't Edge. :shrug: True, it's odd that its in there and essentially labeled as "Edge," but the hair really is odd.

Wow, this is great! Thank you for posting that clip here!

I especially liked what Edge was playing in the first part of the clip.

Here we go again...the anticipation and a whole lot of speculation...it's fun to be a U2 fan!!!

Awesome clip, 2nd and 3rd shots are my favorites.

So far we have, drums, drums & bass. Now few guitar lines, now next week we should have bono singing some lyrics ?

Sounds like Achtung Baby 2! All bass and drums with edge distorting his guitar to the max. YES!! FINALLY!

I think somebody should give a bit of kudos to U2.com. Every time something is put up that people don't like, they give out yards about it. Why not give them some credit now for this series of videos, which has a clear and direct purpose and is done in a really cool way? :up:

As an aside, the sounds on this clip are just great. The last clip has such a brilliant chiming guitar sound, but all of the clips are just brilliant. Looks like they're fairly pleased with it themselves to be putting stuff like this up. Kind of reminds me of last year when Radiohead put up that two minute clip of short bits cut out of mixes for In Rainbows, but this time we've got video.

Yeah. "More cycles like that? Two more."

Could be. Maybe Moment of Surrender.

On listening to it a couple of times, I think it sounds like Eno talking to Bono (who replies at the end) asking him if he wants them to lead in to a vocal performance. So perhaps he needs two more cycles before he starts or two more cycles to make it a verse-length, etc. Sounds like they're constructing the song at this stage in the way that we were told early in the record they were writing with Eno and Lanois as song-writing partners.

:hmm: Yeah, you're right after all.:doh:
Strange...Might be Johnny Buckland then :p

I think somebody should give a bit of kudos to U2.com. Every time something is put up that people don't like, they give out yards about it. Why not give them some credit now for this series of videos, which has a clear and direct purpose and is done in a really cool way? :up:

Yeah, how about no? This is just an insubstantial morsel that, intentionally or otherwise, deludes fans into thinking they've got something when in fact they're really no wiser than they were before. A few seconds of a riff out of context tells you barely anything more than a bloody beach clip. And come on, who needs to see Edge tuning up? If I want to hear somebody tuning up, I'll go grab my own guitar, thanks. Frankly, that clip could just about pass for an Evian ad with Edge tinkering in the background. And the entire thing is dreadfully shot. So dreadfully shot that we're debating who appears in part of it!

U2.com: where you go when you want to know precisely nothing of substance about U2.

That said, the acoustic guitar part sounds nice. I hope its broader context sounds just as good.

I agree with you. It's definately making this pre-release period more interesting. It's cool that Adam is taking the time to film and that u2.com is posting them.

If people want to still complain about the u2.com that's fine, but I think it's funny to be complaining about u2.com, not paying to be a member and then asking for the link to be posted so you can download and watch the video..

who is that in the last clip? doesn't look like edge since the dude's wearing a regular baseball cap, which isn't typical of the edge... bono maybe? lanois??

Great observation - I missed that first time around!

Bono trying My home town? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom