New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just called them and told them that i'm in a terrorist group, and if they didn't play it in 5 hours, there will be trouble, and they listened.

get those recorders ready. :angry:

usamilo said:
The first thing the DJ says in the promo is the song is being delivered to the radio station 6 PM Friday NIGHT! Might that suggest that the song is being delivered simultaneously around the world and places like New Zealand and Australia might not have a jump on the rest of the world?

Just what I was thinking having just heard the clip - that would mean 8am GMT I guess ??

Mike

ok, i 'm gone for 30' and everything collapses!
so no dave fanning premier?
is nova100 playing the song in like 5 hours?
nova100 has crap online broadcast quality, just 32kbps,
I CAN'T LISTEN TO VERTIGO AT THAT CRAPPY QUALITY!!! :angry:

Last edited:
It is kinda funny reading all the confusion on the time zones. Maybe we should petition the world to stick with one time zone so we don't have to do math. :huh:

Roland of Gilead said:
It is kinda funny reading all the confusion on the time zones. Maybe we should petition the world to stick with one time zone so we don't have to do math. :huh:

i agree.

U2_Neat said:
ok, i 'm gone for 30' and everything collapses!
so no dave fanning premier?
is nova100 playing the song in like 5 hours?
nova100 has crap online broadcast quality, just 32kbps,
I CAN'T LISTEN TO VERTIGO AT THAT CRAPPY QUALITY!!! :angry:

nova100 screwed up. They won't play it until Friday. Don't worry though. My hope lies with a generous Irish soul who will tape the Fanning show from radio and save us before nova100 goes with it.

:huh:

I am so confused, lol.

So...we're not going to hear it from Austraila today. Right?

And Dave Fanning's show is blocked from the net. Right?

Okay.

So now we have to wait for a kind, Irish soul to tape it and then post the MP3 for us.

XRT Chicago is still stating that they MIGHT play the new U2 single tomorrow. (Thursday). I'm hoping that they do. You can listen to them online @ www.wxrt.com. And if they do play it, I'll post it here right away.

Edit: I'm going to call them and get the scoop on when they'll play it.

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:

nova100 screwed up. They won't play it until Friday. Don't worry though. My hope lies with a generous Irish soul who will tape the Fanning show from radio and save us before nova100 goes with it.

HOW DID THEY SCREW UP? I JUST HEARD THE ANNOUNCEMENT AGAIN LIVE ABOUT 8.30AM PREMIER FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!!
ok, i'm losing it.......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:help:

Last edited:
i'm still going to listen at 5:30(8:30 in Australia) just in case they actually play it, andtold people they weren't playing it out of fear that they'd get in trouble.

it's called unrealistic optimism.

Awesome! I need something longer though:drool:

I just played it about 50 times. Isn't there a longer clip?

I just read in another list that the Aussie station is still saying they're going to play it and they're still running the promo. Grrrrr. What is going on?

mikal said:
i'm still going to listen at 5:30(8:30 in Australia) just in case they actually play it, andtold people they weren't playing it out of fear that they'd get in trouble.

it's called unrealistic optimism.

That is a good idea really. I don't want to get burned here. I am just trying to make sense of this entire thread and what I have understood so far. I hope it is played too.

it just still seems that there are conflicting reports, yet angela harlem heard it from their mouths, which is the best evidence.

GibsonGirl said:
OMG...

*dies*

This sounds fucking amazing. Even if it's all of 30 seconds. That part at the beginning when the (DAMN! sorry :wink:) Aussie is talking, seriously sounds Achtung Baby-ish. And no, I'm not talking about the little Mysterious Ways clip thrown in there. And then, when it's just the song, it's positively GUH! MUSTHEARFULLSONGBEFOREIFARKINEXPLODE! And the guitar at the end! ARGH! *kisses The Edge's feet*
That part at the beginning (before the 'Mysterious Ways' part) is actually the riff from 'Beautiful Day'. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet.

So just in case they play it, where is the link to this Aussie station to listen to their stream? thanks :)
*still hoping for today :)

U2SJ said:
So just in case they play it, where is the link to this Aussie station to listen to their stream? thanks :)
*still hoping for today :)

I can't link yet, but it's www (dot) jr-digital.com/asx/nova100.asx

Back
Top Bottom