New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2SJ said:
Ok sorry guys, Im totally confused though. On the http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/HTDAAB/message/3 website it sais it will be played Wednesday. Is this true? Today at 330? Or is it still tomorrow? Please someone tell me whats going on!!! :huh:

It hasn't played yet. Everyone is freaking out cause you can hear 5 second's of Vertigo in the background of a stations promo. It'll first be played Thursday by Dave Fanning.

LOL MrBrau1, Ok I understand now. I thought I missed the whole premiere I would have been so pissed!!!
Ok the 5 seconds is very cool though:wink: :hyper:
HELLO HELLO!!!

U2SJ said:
Ok. I am confused. Didnt have computer all night because I was helping someone move. Now I see this thread, 10 pages long, so Im about to go back through, but before I completely freak out, I didnt miss the premiere did I? This is just a clip???? :huh:
:hyper:

Just a clip that's all!! We'll get the real thing tomorrow I think.

My god that is fucking great, i cant wait for friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Okay - I just wanted to say that the buzz and excitement on this forum is FANTASTIC!

I am really glad to be able to share my enthusiasm with such like-minded individuals.

U2 fans rock!

Can't wait for tomorrow and the Dave Fanning premiere. Even if it's not broadcast on the web, we should have a whole army of locals recording...

:)

@U2 is reporting that:

Meanwhile, @U2 reader Brad D. tells us that Nova 100 FM in Melbourne, Australia, have announced that they will premiere "Vertigo" at 8:30 am Thursday morning Australian Eastern Standard Time. Nova 100 FM streams online, and here's the current time in Melbourne so you can schedule accordingly.

Does this mean we can listen to it 3:30 p.m. PST today (Wednesday)? The deluge of unreliable information in this forum has me befuddled.

Last edited:
yoshjosh said:
@U2 is reporting that:

Meanwhile, @U2 reader Brad D. tells us that Nova 100 FM in Melbourne, Australia, have announced that they will premiere "Vertigo" at 8:30 am Thursday morning Australian Eastern Standard Time. Nova 100 FM streams online, and here's the current time in Melbourne so you can schedule accordingly.

Does this mean we can listen to it 3:30 p.m. PST today (Wednesday)? The deluge of unreliable information in this forum has me befuddled.

Good question. I'd like to know the same thing.

mikal said:
i'm so confused right now. is nova 100 playing it today or not?:|

Nope. As soon as you left last night, we had confirmation that nova will wait until Friday. :sad:

Oh, and some more crap. The web cast of Fanning's show IS being blocked tomorrow (@u2.com has confirmation). :sad:

Last edited:
Wow 5 seconds and I'm hooked!

Fantastic chorus, and some very loud riffs going on there...I heard Vertigo described somewhere as a "Blockbuster new single.." this will live up to the goods by the sounds of it!

Bring on tomorrow...

Roland of Gilead said:

Nope. As soon as you left last night, we had confirmation that nova will wait until Friday. :sad:

Oh, and some more crap. The web cast of Fanning's show IS being blocked tomorrow (@u2.com has confirmation). :sad:

I just now heard the same clip on NOVA's live stream. It still says "8:30 tomorrow morning." So that now means Friday morning instead of Thursday morning Australia time?

yoshjosh said:

I just now heard the same clip on NOVA's live stream. It still says "8:30 tomorrow morning." So that now means Friday morning instead of Thursday morning Australia time?

That is correct. Friday morning, Aussie time.

2 questions:

1. is there a direct confirmation from Nova 100 that it's not being played thursday? if so, can someone post the link please?

2. hypothetically, if it was 3 o'clock in the morning, would you still refer to 8:30am tomorrow morning?

mikal said:
2 questions:

1. is there a direct confirmation from Nova 100 that it's not being played thursday?

2. hypothetically, if it was 3 o'clock in the morning, would you still refer to 8:30am tomorrow morning?

That's why I'm confused. The first time I heard this announcement, it was Wednesday in Australia. Of course, I'll probably just tune in today AND tomorrow just in case, 'cause I'm a big nerd.

Angela Harlem said:
Guys I just rang melbourne and spoke to a very chipper young man who said sorry, we had to change it there will be no vertigo tomorrow, please tune in friday.

sorry guys!

This was my confirmation.

If its 8:30 AM Melbourne tomorrow, right now its 3:15 AM.
So maybe its in 5 hours it will be played?

Back
Top Bottom