New album - Spring 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=1031

"(...)As previously reported, rumours are circulating that U2 are planning to release the follow-up to this year's 'How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' as soon as Spring 2006. It seems it may be made up from tracks taken from the sessions that were deemed too guitar-driven and heavy to fit in.
Late last year Bono told Rolling Stone that there would be "A record in 2006" but explained that while the recording process for 'How To Dismantle…' was difficult, it did (eventually) throw up a surplus of songs.
(...)
"Two years, it's a song a month. There are twenty-four songs that came out of the sessions. Eleven of them are on the album."

How many "rumors" is necessary to turn something into a "fact"?
Bono, Edge, Adam and Steve Lillywhite... all said something about possible "new album soon"...

:drool:

greety said:
They said almost the same thing coming off their elevation tour, remember?

They started those rumors before the start of Vertigo Tour... that's a diference...

I will probably be very disappointed, but I'm starting to believe all this.
After Elevation it was only Bono... now it's Bono, Edge, Adam and even Steve Lillywhite...:huh:

Winter 2006; U2 "What You Get When You Combine Hopes And Dreams" (a conclusion to the current trilogy)

My actual thinking is that U2 will start to record the leftovers in the spring, finish early summer, and it will be out in either October or November. Perfect Christmas present for everyone and their 14 year old daughter. ;)

the tourist said:
My actual thinking is that U2 will start to record the leftovers in the spring, finish early summer, and it will be out in either October or November. Perfect Christmas present for everyone and their 14 year old daughter. ;)

hey im 14:madspit:

im not counting on it, but it'd be nice!

and anything with mercy on it...:drool:

*If* they have the time and the material ready to go, I think U2 should release the album in early '06. It'd be a perfect album to tour Australia, Japan and other parts of the world. Given that they haven't hit those countries/continents since '98, I think touring with a brand new album would be an extra special treat. It would be just like "Zooropa" and the subsequent European/Asian/Australian tour. For once, we Americans would be jealous as we wouldn't have heard those songs live.

I'd also love to hear a heavy, guitar-driven album. There are hints of that sound on ATYCLB ("New York", "Elevation") and HTDAAB ("Vertigo", "All Because of You", "Love & Peace or Else"), but both of those albums also have plenty of lighter moments. HTDAAB is a heavier album than ATYCLB, so it makes perfect sense for the follow-up to HTDAAB be an even heavier album. This would complete the trilogy and possibly lead U2 to a new sound or direction.

However, we've all heard these stories before... as such, I'm not expecting this album. U2's perfectionist side sometimes hurts more than helps.

When the hell would they be able to record it?

They are book solid through 2005, and there are lots of rumors of an Australian leg or a North American stadium leg in early 2006

I dont see how it would be possible for them to release an album in the spring of '06

bathiu said:
....It seems it may be made up from tracks taken from the sessions that were deemed too guitar-driven and heavy to fit in.

Not that I believe it yet, but... :drool:

Chizip said:
When the hell would they be able to record it?

Why record something that's already been recorded? That's what these rumours have implied to me.

I'll believe this when we have facts, not rumours. An album before they arrive in Australia would be a good idea though, as the tour will really give U2's sales a nice kick. They've been a bit stale lately, especially singles - SYCMIOYO only made it to #19.

I think after the release of the U2 box set in I tunes, any chance of a 2006 album was lost. Smile, and Levitate were very good songs and I doubt they would have put them on I tunes if they were going to end up releasing an album with those songs on it in the near future.

Of course, there have been rumors of songs such as "bulldozer," "Star Struck," and "Northern Star" and songs such as Mercy would make a very, very good album. I wish I knew more about this Northern Star though, sounded as if it was one they had recorded after they released HTDAAB, so they couldn't add it...

With Rumors of another North American tour next year (LIKE YOU NEED ANOTHER ONE :madspit: :mad: ) :lol:

They may well finish in December, Start recording, or atleast finishing off in Mid January and have something out in March and tour the US (AGAIN!!!! :mad: ) then do the Australia/New Zealand and where ever else.

They might as well head back to america after that :wink:

Are they really coming back to America in 2006? :huh: of course I'd love that but that almost seems like too much, they should definitely do some Australian dates, and what about places like South America and, say, AFRICA? Seriously, it seems a bit unfair to give North America three friggin legs... but hey I guess I shouldn't complain :D

In regards to the new album... I agree with what doctorwho said :up:

AtomicBono said:
Are they really coming back to America in 2006? :huh: of course I'd love that but that almost seems like too much, they should definitely do some Australian dates, and what about places like South America and, say, AFRICA?

Totally agree

Lol------If this early 2006 thing comes true I'll put on a velvet dress and give a private show. Of course, Bono is fond of saying HTDAAB is their first album. Usually second albums come soon after the first, but they also usually suck.

bathiu said:
"It seems it may be made up from tracks taken from the sessions that were deemed too guitar-driven and heavy to fit in."
Bomb was supposed to be punk rock from Venus, Edge rediscovering the guitar, a bluer kind of white, and all that shit, and they were cutting out songs for being too guitar-driven?

Re: Re: New album - Spring 2006

typhoon said:

Bomb was supposed to be punk rock from Venus, Edge rediscovering the guitar, a bluer kind of white, and all that shit, and they were cutting out songs for being too guitar-driven?

yeah, it's a fucking joke.

Back
Top Bottom