New album: general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. It was I who allowed the public to know the location of the Spiderman musical. It was quite distracting for your pitiful little band. Now, an entire legion of our best songs awaits you. Oh, I'm afraid the Danger Mouse album will be quite operational when the North American tour arrives.

:lol:
That was awesome... especially the last line :D
U2 girl - thanks! Although, I think even if they're working on it, it's not necessarily an indication that they're behind schedule... they could just be choosing the right songs/track listing, and making sure everything's up to scratch :up:

^ They could also be working on photo's/cover etc. They could be deciding on formats to release in. They could be re-writing all the lyrucs. Finishing touhes is so ambiguous, but I would imagine they are minor if McG is prepared to lock it in pre US leg.

^ They could also be working on photo's/cover etc. They could be deciding on formats to release in. They could be re-writing all the lyrucs. Finishing touhes is so ambiguous, but I would imagine they are minor if McG is prepared to lock it in pre US leg.

Yeah, that was my point - judging by McGuiness' comments, whatever they're doing in france with the album must be pretty minor, if they've basically 'completed' it :)

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. It was I who allowed the public to know the location of the Spiderman musical. It was quite distracting for your pitiful little band. Now, an entire legion of our best songs awaits you. Oh, I'm afraid the Danger Mouse album will be quite operational when the North American tour arrives.

It's a good thing I am not drinking anything. It would have just shot out of my nose.

:heart:

TulsaCarsBuried595x400jpg.jpg

(have no idea where else to post that! lol)

Slow-Clap.gif

If I had a sig, "Oh, I'm afraid the Danger Mouse album will be quite operational when the North American tour arrives" would be in it.

This is all really good news, except frankly im dissappointed in U2. Im hoping they don't continue to take the pro-USA stance they have embraced over the last few years, or since PoP (specifically post 911).

What the world really needs is a more fair & balanced U2, they are a WORLD band and not just a USA band. They need to take a hard line against the governments of Egypt, Israel and stop flirting with America. Start embracing Iran and North Korea, China and Russia, Pakistan and India.

Stop writing and recording everything in English, why not write an album in arabic or chinese for a change? All of their religion and wealth is off putting to their poor, atheist fans. Also Bono really needs to start wearing cheap sunglasses instead of designer ones.

And for the love of Allah, please no more radio hits. If you think you have something that sounds remotely good or might just be the next big radio single or stadium anthem, kill it immediately! Strip it back down to the basics, remove the classic guitar riffs, remove the drums, bass, chorus, bridge, etc....and throw it in the recycle can. Only then will you have something truly special.

If you need any more of my advice, its not exactly free, for im a very important person with big ideas and my brilliance comes at a high price. But for the sake of art and integrity, i suggest you tune into Battlestar Gallactica on your pilgrimage. Once you have reached the temple on the hilltop, only then can i suggest that you will have achieved full enlightenment, as have i.

Until then, keep making sinners out of babies and questioning your own shoe size.

[/]:beer::cocktail:

Muldfeld, what have you done with dear Mrs Garrison?

This would be a great opportunity for U2.com to be relevant *and* timely - they should have the first official announcement of any new single and/or album.

Most likely not, and we'll hear from a dozen other sources including the band themselves performing the new songs during the NA tour before U2.com is updated to even acknowledge anything. :doh:

I ran the German article through Google translate, and where possible, cleaned up the diction:

U2 manager Paul McGuinness asserted in an interview with Music Week that the new album the group has been working on is largely completed. It should come to market ahead of the upcoming North American tour dates.

"The band was in the studio in southern France to give the songs the finishing touch," said McGuinness. Brian Burton, aka Danger Mouse, is in charge of the production.

[STUPID GOOGLE TRANSLATE MUCKS THIS NEXT PART UP :angry: - WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! (*double rainbow voice*)] "That should take the new work entitled "Songs of Ascent", as rumored in the past several months is unlikely."

:applaud::lol: Well done! Very well done!

You.

Are.

SO.

Awesome.

Mrs. Garrison said:
This is all really good news, except frankly im dissappointed in U2. Im hoping they don't continue to take the pro-USA stance they have embraced over the last few years, or since PoP (specifically post 911).

What the world really needs is a more fair & balanced U2, they are a WORLD band and not just a USA band. They need to take a hard line against the governments of Egypt, Israel and stop flirting with America. Start embracing Iran and North Korea, China and Russia, Pakistan and India.

Stop writing and recording everything in English, why not write an album in arabic or chinese for a change? All of their religion and wealth is off putting to their poor, atheist fans. Also Bono really needs to start wearing cheap sunglasses instead of designer ones.

And for the love of Allah, please no more radio hits. If you think you have something that sounds remotely good or might just be the next big radio single or stadium anthem, kill it immediately! Strip it back down to the basics, remove the classic guitar riffs, remove the drums, bass, chorus, bridge, etc....and throw it in the recycle can. Only then will you have something truly special.

If you need any more of my advice, its not exactly free, for im a very important person with big ideas and my brilliance comes at a high price. But for the sake of art and integrity, i suggest you tune into Battlestar Gallactica on your pilgrimage. Once you have reached the temple on the hilltop, only then can i suggest that you will have achieved full enlightenment, as have i.

Until then, keep making sinners out of babies and questioning your own shoe size.

[/]:beer::cocktail:

Greatest interference post ever? Greatest interference post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom