New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Superbowl is just 45 days away. If they're going to announce their new album during it, they must have bought ad time by now. Which means the album surely HAS to be all but done :hyper:

I hope either a new single or some other newsabout the album drops spon because this discussion is boring and useless. I don't care about any possible tour being bigger the a U2 tour or if it has more income.

Who cares?

It's settled... I will go see Rush next time they come to Columbus/Cincinnati area.

I once had tickets to see Bon Jovi in Columbus in 2011, but the day of the show I got absolutely SLAMMED at work and was unable to go. I wasn't too worried about it, but it would've been nice to see them once.

Hopefully we'll hear SOMETHING about the new album in January. To all who will be in Dublin Christmas Eve, go see Bono with Glen Hansard, Damien Rice et al, and ask him!

I hope either a new single or some other newsabout the album drops spon because this discussion is boring and useless. I don't care about any possible tour being bigger the a U2 tour or if it has more income.

Who cares?

Yep. I'd honestly take leak puns over this crap.

It's settled... I will go see Rush next time they come to Columbus/Cincinnati area.

Rush actually has an interesting history in Ohio...it was Donna Halper at WMMS in Cleveland who was the first American disc jockey to play and promote Rush (back when DJ's had such freedom). She's largely credited with "discovering Rush". And Rush chose the Cleveland show (like Rotterdam and Rio before it) to record for the Blu-Ray of their 2011 Time Machine tour.

You won't be disappointed, they put on a great show (no, NOT as good as U2...have to get that disclaimer in there before heads explode).

Accept the fact that there's a world outside your window.

I accept it, and I assume maybe it's just a personal view, but let me say (and I finish my participation in this argument) that if you take the numbers of south american shows to talk about how popular a band is here, you will have like 2567 popular bands.

Any country that has a bro population of above-average intelligence/below-average social skills will have a sizable Rush fan base.

They seem like good dudes with great musicianship, and they've made a solid career doing whatever they seem to want.

I'm really hoping U2 tours arenas this time around. I believe that, in North America and parts of Europe at least, that's what they'll do. Seeing them in an arena vs. a stadium is just night and day.

It will be harder to get tickets, of course, but anyone who really wants to go should be able to score them.

The Superbowl is just 45 days away. If they're going to announce their new album during it, they must have bought ad time by now. Which means the album surely HAS to be all but done :hyper:

spork.jpg

pretty neat to see u2.com has a freebie up there now (alt mix of Ordinary love)

Guy Oseary to the rescue?

Is that a Rush shirt he's wearing?

:lmao:

Not to derail this Rush thread but as someone posted earlier, I would like to see U2 do an arena tour this time around even just in the US. While the spectacle of the stadiums are great the arena's to me are a lot better.

I would love to see u2 in arenas but i wonder how much livenation will have to do with it.

If they can even come close to grossing as much cash as 360 then livenation is going to be pushing for this

Elevation grossed $143 million $ 188 with todays inflation.would live nation be happy with these figures knowing that they could easily do $500 million again in stadiums

This is before the new album aswell, if that blew up they would have to do stadiums!

I cannot, for the life of me, imagine U2 saying "We want arenas," Live Nation saying "No, you have to do stadiums" and U2 responding "Well, okay then, I guess we have to do stadiums."

They haven't even outsold them, but whatevs..

I honestly couldn't give a fuck. I hate heavy metal. With every part of my being. I literally detest it.

Motorhead isn't heavy metal. That's like calling Sabbath a metal band.

But I suppose that's a testament to how little you can tolerate the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom