My thoughts on the Best Buy CD (try to contain your excitement)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
They put I will Follow and Beautiful Day on it because those are the band's bookend singles so far, very famous and everyone knows them. So why Gone? Hold on; I'll tell you why. I think there are two reasons for this. The first is to toss a bone to hardcore fans; it's a great version of a great song. We already knew that. I think the second reason is more subversive. I think they put Gone on there to both introduce new fans to POP, and to tell old fans who don't like POP so much "See, not all of that album sucks!"

Am I full of shit? Or am I right on the mark? Has this already been discussed and I missed it? What are your thoughts on this?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

I think you are right. At the two concerts I saw this last tour, I saw Gone played in June and Please played in November. When the songs started, they got almost no crowd reaction. You could hear the difference in amount of people that bought ATYCLB and Pop. When the song were finished, they got huge cheers from the audience, and I could hear people around me going "Wow! What was that from?", including two people that I was with who bought every U2 album up to Achtung Baby, skipped Zooropa and Pop, and then bought ATYCLB.

I think you are right on....
I think they probably realize now that Gone is the best song on that album and it should have been a single.
It's freakin awesome.....

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

Back
Top Bottom