My New CD Purchase...... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2002, 07:12 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:53 PM
My New CD Purchase......

With myself now owning a cd burner for aobut the last 5 months or so I havnt bought too many cds, however yesterday I went out and did a bit of late night Thursday shopping and visited the HMV store and I bought Paul Kelly's new cd and it is very cool indeed- the song 'Love is the law' is amazing, for every Aussie out there go and buy this cd now, Paul Kelly truly is one of our living musical legends

Old 01-04-2002, 07:17 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora:
With myself now owning a cd burner for aobut the last 5 months or so I havnt bought too many cds, however yesterday I went out and did a bit of late night Thursday shopping and visited the HMV store and I bought Paul Kelly's new cd and it is very cool indeed- the song 'Love is the law' is amazing, for every Aussie out there go and buy this cd now, Paul Kelly truly is one of our living musical legends
Paul Kelly just gets better and better, doesn't he? Is the new album generally like Love Is The Law, or more acoustic? I've been holding off because I got the impression it was a bit stripped back in comparison to his recent stuff, which is the last thing I'd want.

------------------
"It wouldn't be cry from the heart
or a high, hurtin' wail
we could look down and laugh now
I'd be all together
I'd be totally removed..."

Old 01-04-2002, 07:29 AM   #3
Refugee

I think that the cd is pretty acoustic sounding, although there are a few songs that are like Love is the law, to me this album really sounds like a mixture of the stuff he did with Professor Ratbaggy and Uncle Bill, and yes Paul does just keep getting better and better, throughout the festive season I couldn't get 'How to make gravy' out of my head- "they say its going to be a hundred degrees or maybe more, but that wont stop the roast, and give my love to Angus and the baby jesus"= I luuuuurve that song, but alas, do go out and get his new one, it is very good
Old 01-04-2002, 07:37 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think that the cd is pretty acoustic sounding, although there are a few songs that are like Love is the law, to me this album really sounds like a mixture of the stuff he did with Professor Ratbaggy and Uncle Bill, and yes Paul does just keep getting better and better, throughout the festive season I couldn't get 'How to make gravy' out of my head- "they say its going to be a hundred degrees or maybe more, but that wont stop the roast, and give my love to Angus and the baby jesus"= I luuuuurve that song, but alas, do go out and get his new one, it is very good
"And if you dance please don't hold her too tight
oh brother don't stab me in the back like that.."
Old 01-04-2002, 07:40 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Final question: is 'Every Fucking City' on this record? It's a fun little ditty, but that's about all.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:52 AM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Final question: is 'Every Fucking City' on this record? It's a fun little ditty, but that's about all.
No it isnt, it came out on an EP that he put out in 2000 I think, I like that song, seeing as though I am chatting with a fellow Paul Kelly enthusiast, here is my top 5 Paul Kelly songs for your perusal and enjoyment

#1 - Adelaide
#2 - Bradman
#3 - How to make gravy
#4 - From little things, big things grow
#5 - Dumb things
Old 01-04-2002, 07:56 AM   #7
Jesus Online

I love how to make gravy too Oz! He's a very good artist. I dont know a great many of his songs. Any recommendations?
Old 01-04-2002, 08:14 AM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
I love how to make gravy too Oz! He's a very good artist. I dont know a great many of his songs. Any recommendations?
I reccomend getting his cd- Songs from the south, that is his greatest hits and is a good introduction to Paul Kelly and you can pick it up for around $20 in most HMVs now

Old 01-04-2002, 08:26 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
No it isnt, it came out on an EP that he put out in 2000 I think, I like that song, seeing as though I am chatting with a fellow Paul Kelly enthusiast, here is my top 5 Paul Kelly songs for your perusal and enjoyment

#1 - Adelaide
#2 - Bradman
#3 - How to make gravy
#4 - From little things, big things grow
#5 - Dumb things
All right then. Here's my top five:

1. Song from the sixteenth floor
2. Careless
3. Before too long
4. To her door/Deeper Water (tie)
5. Little Kings

6. And in honourary sixth place, 'Beat of your heart'. Paul does techno!
Old 01-04-2002, 04:07 PM   #10
The Fly

Local Time: 09:53 PM
should now be The White Stripes 'White Blood Cells', if you don't have it already.