MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
My flight arrives at 8:14 am. Not overly familiar with NYC and I am hoping to not spend a whole damn lot of money. Looks as if I have to take a bus from Laguardia to the Astoria Station, take that, connect to another line and then get off at W 4th Street. That seems like it is going to take me a couple of hours doesn't it. Probably just as long as the flight from Detroit. So, I would venture to guess I will be loitering around there by 10:30ish or so? :huh:

I cant believe I am doing this! :wink: :eyebrow:

Oh, I can :wink:

welcome to NYC :hug:

Almost 30 yrs ago [when i was a late teen] and flying was much less available [lower fares etc], me, my sis being super Who freaks, and having already seen them in Philly, then NYC [with in 3 mons of each other]- took Amtrak up to Boston WITHOUT tix, hoping to get in buying from either fans [lower scalping price, needing to get rid if a tix because of someone's circumstances]] or from Scalpers.

We did get in :D!

I'm going to check the restof the mssages, because i was last looking athis board at 5:30pm.

If certain stuff hasn't gotten covered {directions etc....} i hope i'll be able to provide some help.

oh, I think you'll be able to get to W 4th st within 2 hours of getting to the LAG bus stop. If all cooperates. good luck!

oh, I am a 'local'.

Last edited:
Briggs - I was also planning on a 1 or so arrival as well...I'm thinking it might be a little late.

Miroslava
Just go to the Brooklyn spot, it's official.
From the airport you can get the A train to Manhattan,

It's going to be under the bridge

Last edited:
Was planning on going straight there, but thanks for the confirmation! I thought there wasn't a subway line from LaGuardia....

*runs off to check map*

Looks like I have to take the M60 bus and then hook on to the A. No worries. I have done my share of travel, just never have spent a lot of time in NYC. Thanks!!! :wink:

Ok wait. Hold on. I am confused again!!

Fulton St. is on the Manhattan side. I thought we were supposed to get off at High St. on the A or York Street on the F.

:sad: :sad:

Ok, definitely getting there early so I can do some recognaisance work...

Take the A or C Train to High Street
Exit the Station at Fulton Street (not Adams Street).

Last edited:
one4u2 said:

Yes, we met Bono and Adam! Were you there as well??

:lol: I could have been standing ptretty close to yo, and >of course> NOT known it was you 'two'.

Yes. I did meet AdaM, just as he was getting ready to get into the car. :happy: :happy:

But all the people were bunched up next to Bono's van, wedged between the garages curvrd ramp on one side and the van.

I made my way dwon a bit, but couldn't get into the kniot of people. That's kind of ok, I'd rather meet Bono standing on the street,not in a car/van situation. Other-wise how could you get to hug him :drool: :drool: :love: :love:

I was wearing white top with fushia[magenta] pants w yellow, orange, white flowers, green leaves and a matching sash round my waist.

I'll be wearing the same pants tomorrw, bur with a fushia shirt.
I have short brunette hais with a distinguishing hair cut, on the left side just past short , fringy bangs I have a long, semi-thin tendril? that hangs down past my shoulder.

It will be wound around a spirl-ended piece of silver hair jewlery {designed by moi :wink: }, so that's how you can find me, if you wish to.

It's time to play!!!!

Last edited:
Off to TRY to get some sleep. Need to be up at 4:30 am to get my rear to the airport on time...

Tomorrow should rock and I hope to be able to meet some of you! :wink:

Diane L said:

I just can't let myself be judged. The thing I didn't mention--I'm overweight, and not just a couple of pounds either. 40-something + overweight = what an MTV watcher's MOM might look like, not an MTV viewer!

I!

:hug: :hug: I can understand your heisitation, angst.

I'm 45+. and overweight, tho at 5'7' no one ever guesses how much I really weigh. {still havre a kind of hourglass figure].

too bad tho, I can dress very stylishy & rock & roll.

Diane L. Dont worry, it's just MTV trying to make it like
they came up with the whole thing.
And all that "fine print" dont mean sh*t.
Go and have a great time!!!

bonosleftone said:

You will need tickets to see it, its not a massive area in terms of letting everyone who wants to walk up to see it. The area is enclosed by fences with that dark tarp material over the fences at least thats what I remember the last time Ive been to this site.

MTV does crap at this site all the time and I believe Aerosmith or the Stones held a press conference there announcing a tour or a release or something like that, it's always fenced off.

as of 7:00pm this night [took bus then walked althe way deon there., No tarps up as of yet.
tjhere was a big Entertaiment power truck there, some metal type things stacked around, but no stage as if yet.

I bekoned to the guys there. they said there'd be a 'lttile entertainment there saround 4:30".I'm still going to swing by WSQPark in the mid morning.

Official Information For Tomorrow's Free U2 Show In Nyc

Courtesy of U2.log.com:

"U2log.com was lucky enough to be invited to the K-Rock listening party, which was held at Sony Studios at 54th and 10th in New York City this evening. We will have a full report with some photos of the band taken outside Sony Studios soon.

At the conclusion of the listening party, a member of U2’s management team pulled us aside and asked us to tell everyone that we know (that’s you!) to be at Empire Fulton Ferry State Park at 3 pm tomorrow (Nov. 22) for a 30-minute concert by U2.

You have your official orders! Be there or miss something very special.

There will be no concert at Washington Square Park. It was the original location for the event, but on review they decided the area was too busy and not large enough to house the number of people expected at the show."

man, i'm so confused. will we need for sure the iota tix? or no tix?

i'm so going to be there; i just need an excuse to leave work early, lol!

4:30?? Hmm, the later the better with respect to leaving work! Anyone hear anything else (besides the 3pm time on u2log) about the start time?

Considering the amount of people that are going to show up for this, I would show up relatively early. You show up at 3 or 4 there's no chance you'd get a good spot.

Iota is doing tickets for a reason, I would bet priority position. Thats the reason for the age thing. Probably anyone can show up, but the IOTA people will be closest.

so iota with the tickets will likely be reserved, with priority positioning.

and no tickets are on a first come basis, so yeah either get tix from iota or get there early.

iota wants you to show up at 2:30. no idea what the actual show will start, though.

elfyx said:
so iota with the tickets will likely be reserved, with priority positioning.

and no tickets are on a first come basis, so yeah either get tix from iota or get there early.

iota wants you to show up at 2:30. no idea what the actual show will start, though.

It makes sense may be totally wrong about priority positioning but with Iota asking ticketholders to show up at 2:30, they'll let the ticket holders in and the rest of the people after that.

Not familiar with the park. What's the capacity/setup like? Is it reasonable to assume that if one does show up at 3 or 4 that they'll actually be within some kind of sight/hearing range?

yea, how i wish i was going to be in new york tomorrow instead of taking a damn final.......U2 should really play one of these small promo gigs in Chicago....now that would be something!

damn i wished i lived in NY crap...but no i must work tomorrow...well heres hoping theres alot of goodies on this site when i come home..hehe
Have fun everyone who is lucky enough to go and tell U2 i say hi!.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom