MERGED -->Grammy footage + Grammy's transcript? + U2 at the 47th Grammys 2005 - Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should be torrents and stuff up in a few hours.....We dont get the grammys here in australia... at least it seems like that...so i cant wait to see this :)

Grammy's transcript?

Anyone have a transcript of what exactly was said last night? i'm at work so I can't hear any mp3s or wtch videos, but I'd love to know EXACTLY what Larry said.

Thanks

"Some of you might know we nearly weren't going to be able to play live tonight, and we didn't think we were going to be able to play live for the rest of the year.

Live is...where we live. And due to circumstances beyond our control, a lot of our long-suffering fans ended up queuing overnight and didn't get tickets. And I'd just like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the band, to apologize to them."

:D
I actually just copied and posted it from someone else who posted this somewhere else in this forum.

U2girl said:
"Some of you might know we nearly weren't going to be able to play live tonight, and we didn't think we were going to be able to play live for the rest of the year.

Live is...where we live. And due to circumstances beyond our control, a lot of our long-suffering fans ended up queuing overnight and didn't get tickets. And I'd just like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the band, to apologize to them."

Those words are ...immortal!

King Larry does admit that the fans have been "long suffering." There is no greater admission of fallibility than this. This apology goes beyond to presale fiasco because it was a pretty recent suffering. He talks of a suffering that has been long.

In this Lenten season for the Christians, we know the long-suffering of Jesus up to the events that led to his crucifixion. But after three days, he rose again from the dead to save us all.

To be a U2 fan, you also have to endure suffering. From the long lines in concerts to album recording sessions that seem to take forever -- it does seem the suffering is long. But it never is a suffering in vain. In the end we will all have our own second life and resurrections - whenever we get a new album (oh the joy!) or the attending of a concert (the orgasmic feeling when the screens suddenly turn red to usher in the intro to streets).

So by using the phrase "long-suffering", King Larry synchronizes the band's Christian beliefs through the life of Jesus with his sympathy for the fans through the sacrifices they have endured for U2.

Prince Adam, a long time conossieur of fine speech, was quick to applaud King Larry's speech. Did you see how Prince Adam was clapping his hands after King Larry made his speech? It was a gesture of approval of the wise and poignant words King Larry used.

The vocal version of The Mullen Apology is one of the finest moments in U2's history.

Cheers,

J

Where is the Grammy performance???

I missed the performance of SYCMIOYO at the Grammys!! Where can I see a video of it! For the love of all that is holy....somebody tell me please! :ohmy:

I'm working on it but I've had to stop for a bit to record a preview program on the NME Awards...this has got Kasabian, Libertines, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol etc in it :up: :yes:

I should have the video up on my site soon :)

U2 at the 47th Grammys 2005 - Video Highlights

http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/

1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
2. Acceptance of Best Rock Performance by Duo or Group with Vocals
3. All-star Tsunami Tribute - Across The Universe (with Bono)

36.6Mb 14m:14s 352x288 364kbps Windows Media Video 9

Apologies for the picture being a bit on the soft side. The ITV2 broadcast/replay was like this.

I have created a slideshow with stills from my recording, and the link to this is on my webpage.

:)

jick said:

Those words are ...immortal!

King Larry does admit that the fans have been "long suffering." There is no greater admission of fallibility than this. This apology goes beyond to presale fiasco because it was a pretty recent suffering. He talks of a suffering that has been long.

In this Lenten season for the Christians, we know the long-suffering of Jesus up to the events that led to his crucifixion. But after three days, he rose again from the dead to save us all.

To be a U2 fan, you also have to endure suffering. From the long lines in concerts to album recording sessions that seem to take forever -- it does seem the suffering is long. But it never is a suffering in vain. In the end we will all have our own second life and resurrections - whenever we get a new album (oh the joy!) or the attending of a concert (the orgasmic feeling when the screens suddenly turn red to usher in the intro to streets).

So by using the phrase "long-suffering", King Larry synchronizes the band's Christian beliefs through the life of Jesus with his sympathy for the fans through the sacrifices they have endured for U2.

Prince Adam, a long time conossieur of fine speech, was quick to applaud King Larry's speech. Did you see how Prince Adam was clapping his hands after King Larry made his speech? It was a gesture of approval of the wise and poignant words King Larry used.

The vocal version of The Mullen Apology is one of the finest moments in U2's history.

Cheers,

J

yeah.

and the bass line on the album version of "Please" is in b minor.

:rolleyes:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Sicy, is there any way you can stick this thread somewhere at the top for those who want the see the performance?

I can for a while.. but then your friend will complain that there are too many sticky threads in here. :p

Sometimes You Can Watch It On Your Own...

for those that missed the grammys.

speed slow, be gentle :)

f t p://U2:U2@220.245.160.238

Cheers
Sken

Back
Top Bottom