MERGED-->Crumbs from Your Table Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah. the gutiar solo, the bassline during the chorus, the drums, the tempo, it's like Walk On Part 2....

it is a great song!

wow, the alleged worst track of the album sounds like walk on, the whole thing must be 100 times better than atyclb.
i haven't listened to it, i hope its not just 'sounds like' walk on, but 'as great as' walk on

In fact is "a lot better" than Walk On.

Mmmmm... Didn't Daniel Lanois said that he liked an earlier version of Walk On a lot more than the officially released?
Could it be Crumbs is a reworked version of that Walk On early version?

Ah, speculation...

I don't think this is really that close to Walk On at all. Reviews have drawn parallels to ISHFWILF, and personally, I love it for its ringing guitar. It's Crumbs From Your Table, Part I of I, and it's DAMN AMAZING.

Actually, when I thought of it, the stretch part of the song sounded IDENTICAL to Walk on. At least the guitar riff did.

The part of the song where it mentions that where you are born should not determine whether you live or die made my heart stop. I have been saying that for so long about places in the world that are literally dying to have the crumbs from our tables.

I am so lucky to have been born where I have been and this song really kind of showed me my own pettiness about the things I stress over. Where I was born HAS NOTHING to do with me, I had no control over it....why should I condemn others because of where they're from? This song really brought me to the stark reality that I need to be the change I wish to see in the world and that compassion and love can conquer indifference and hate.

:heart:

Again, I will reiterate, I haven't heard a full song yet (sans Vertigo), but what I did hear of CFYT I must admit it sounds like U2 1987. I love it, and I can't wait to get the CD and blast it on my nice car stereo system!

Crumbs From Your Table

Anyone else like this song as much as me? Edge is ringing all over the place.....

I've said this before: this is the song "When I Look at the World" should have been. I don't think it should be a single, but it is essential to the album. It ties the personal and universal of the album. I just love it.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Gone, or Acrobat. Really great song, it drives and moves in all the right places. U2 at their rocking pinnacle! And I LOVE the lyrics-

you broke every heart, thinking every heart mends!

I think it's the core of the album Theme-wise, sonic-wise, edge-wise, lyrics-wise, you name it.

And reviews haven't been kind to it. I do hope it is a single, and i hope it closes the shows. the final encore should be one-original-crumbs.

IMO

Wow, i haven't heard it yet (waiting) but have heard ABOY, COBL, LAPOE!!

I thought it wouldn't rock At ALL!!! You guys make it sound like mad rock. Is it really that rockin??? hmmm, I was thinking Walk on ish?? but Gone and Acrobat...wow!

"With a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends" -Crumbs

BEST LINE IN A SONG EVER!!!

No other song would dare use such an emotionally charged phrase. In fact, this lyric takes me to a place I've never been, to a jungle in South America where some cannibal tribe lives on, despite the cultural revolution going on outside of their isolated world. It's even making me hungry!

no, it's not mad rock. it's even a slowere rocker, but it is loaded with guitars. not just any guitars, MAJESTIC guitars. Actually, it sounds like a guitar-heavy mixture of Electrical Storm and Walk On.

Yeah it does sound like an E.Storm/Walk On hybrid, but right now I haven't "clicked" with the song..it just seems to lack something. The best bit is "you speak of signs and wonders" and that growly backing vocal which is exactly the same in sound as in "Discotheque"..the guitar flurry at the end is quite good as well, a bit like "Gone".

Yeah. I guess you have to look more at the majesty of the song rather than the actual song.

Nonetheless, "With a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends" cracks me up every time.:lmao:

That is a good line, instantly striking when I first heard it! One thing I do like about this song is the warm guitar sound, which reminds me of the goodness of ATYCLB..

MrBrau1 said:
Reminds me of Gone, or Acrobat. Really great song, it drives and moves in all the right places. U2 at their rocking pinnacle! And I LOVE the lyrics-

you broke every heart, thinking every heart mends!

:up:

It's gonna be a monster live, I'm listening to it right now, wow the ending... It's relly reminded Gone live!

I've just read this whole thread to see if anyone else picked up the 'Gone' vibe. You can hear the Electrical Storm/Walk On similarity in the intro, but the overall feel i get is Gone.

Now if you're looking for a Walk On II you need to listen to Yahweh.

Re: Crumbs From Your Table Appreciation Thread

Mark Freedman said:
Man, this album is freaking great!!! I really love Crumbs From Your Table, despite the reviews. Edge's guitar gives me the chills!

Does anyone else think the reviews were so wrong on this one???

yes! it is a great track! i wouldent go by some of the early reviews cos the critics only had one listen to give their opinion, you cant rate an album after one listen.

its taken me about 10 listens before i could make up my mind.

Back
Top Bottom