MERGED-->Collector's Edition Box Set Discussion - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfave

New Yorker
ABout the Collector's edition in North America

Since we are not getting "Fast Cars", are we still going to get the 12th track, or just 11 songs??? The scan of the back of the package from both amazon.com and amazon.ca are the same (12 songs)........I wonder why.......was it a mistake?? :eyebrow:

they probably just use that same phto for all the websites. I'd bet on us getting only 11 tracks.

ultraviolet353 said:
I believe ALL collector's editions were getting Fast Cars, including North America.

This was recently confirmed false by U2log I believe, as only the UK and Japan versions of the album, including the box set will have Fast Cars. NA will not.

I wouldn't be surprised if North America got Mercy as a bonus and the rest of the world got Fast Cars as a bonus track.

Lancemc said:

This was recently confirmed false by U2log I believe, as only the UK and Japan versions of the album, including the box set will have Fast Cars. NA will not.

Actually is was atu2, and they haven't changed there information. Personally, I don't think the U.S./Canada will be getting the extra track.

One thing is for sure, I hope U2 isn't paying for the retail promotion of this album because up to now it's been awful.

I stand corrected, atu2.com, sorry. :) I probably jsut read it on U2log.com and assumed. they all get the same stories eventually anyway. Oh well.

ah well... i already have Fast Cars anyways.

I'm not too crazy about it, so I am not really to pissed it won't be on my Collector's Edition.

For some reason, I still think we will get Fast Cars on the box set. Otherwise Bono lied to me :madspit: :lol:
And as for Mercy, I think it will either be on the boxset or a b-side very soon :hyper:

Man, sometimes I feel like they hate US fans! They don't release singles and they don't include bonus tracks for us :(

Held U.S. Collectors Set! "Fast Cars" Likely on it!!!!!

I work for Target and actually saw and held the U.S. version of the boxed collectors set of "How To Dismantle and Atomic Bomb" with the DVD and book. Mind you that this was a sealed copy and there was no track listing on the outside but the paper band that is around the set DOES say "Contains 12 New Songs." To me this means that more than likely "Fast Cars" IS on the Collectors Set in North America. We did not get very many copies in and my store is a large Super Target. Please DO NOT CALL your local music store or Target to find out how many copies your local store has or if it's in since they are not allowed to give that info out and may not have it in yet and I have no info on other target stores or access to it. It still can't be sold until tuesday. Cheers!!!!

Joha_U2 said:
Man, sometimes I feel like they hate US fans! They don't release singles and they don't include bonus tracks for us :(

Please don't say that, I don't think they hate any fans.

You won't think they hate US fans when the tour starts next year.

Let's just be happy with what we get.

Law's prevent it and all other new releases from being sold before tuesday and their relase dates which is why I didn't buy a copy. If caught I and the person running the register can be fired the store can lose it's licence to sell music and movies as a result.

Joha_U2 said:

You have to be kidding! You lot get more concerts than the entire rest of the world, which truly pisses me off.

Hey, U2, the vast majority of your audience is outside the US. We'd love another Lovetown or ZooTV, you know.

I've got the album (box set) today

A lot of stores are getting their shipments of new stuff in today for Tuesday release and luckily my friend broke the rules and hooked it up. Still had to pay for it but I got it!

The North American Box Set DOES have Fast Cars.

Also got the new Seinfeld DVDs and the Nirvana box set.

As Ice Cube once said "Today was a good day."

Re: I've got the album (box set) today

bonosleftone said:

The North American Box Set DOES have Fast Cars.

As Ice Cube once said "Today was a good day."

So that settles that.

And ok I just had to laugh my ass off at that because I seriously had that song in my head yesterday as a result of getting my U2 iPod and the matching iTrip. :lmao: Good to know I'm not the only nerdball here :wink:

Back
Top Bottom