MERGED-->ALL U2 at Live 8 discussion, complaints, links, sets, etc -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Live 8 schedule: U2, R.E.M., Neil Young???

As far as I know U2 will be opening the show at 2:00 p.m. London time and Neil Young will close the show in Canada.
What about R.E.M. - Does anyone out there have any idea when they will be performing???

U2 Will Only Play Twice, Live 8 Running Order

here is the running order.

1. Paul McCartney/U2

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

2. U2

One

Bono introduces Coldplay.

3. Coldplay

In My Place

Fix You

Bitter Sweet Symphony duet with Richard Ashcroft

Little Britain’s Matt Lucas and David Walliams introduce Elton John.

4. Elton John

Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting

Bitch Is Back

Children Of The Revolution duet with Pete Doherty

5. Dido

Life For Rent

White Flag

Thank You

6. Stereophonics

Dakota

Local Boy In The Photograph

Bartender And The Thief

Superman (*TBC)

7. REM

The One I Love

Losing My Religion

Imitation Of Life

Everybody Hurts.

8. Ms Dynamite

Dy-na-mi-tee

Judgement Day

Redemption Song

9. Keane

Everybody’s Changing

Somewhere Only We Know

10. Travis

Sing

Turn

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

11. Bob Geldof

I Don’t Like Mondays

12. Annie Lennox

Walking On Broken Glass

Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves

Sweet Dreams

13. UB40

Medley

14. Snoop Dogg

Medley of Ups And Downs, Nothing But A G Thang, Drop It Like It’s Hot, Signs, Who Am I (What’s My Name)

15. Razorlight

Somewhere Only We Know

Golden Touch

Vice

16. Madonna

Like A Prayer

Music

Ray Of Light

17. Snow Patrol

Chocolate

Run

18. Joss Stone

I Had A Dream

Super Duper Love

19. Scissor Sisters

Laura, Take Your Mama

20. Velvet Revolver

*TBC

21. The Killers

*TBC

22. Sting

Message In A Bottle

Desert Rose

23. Mariah Carey

Vision Of Love

Make It Happen

24. Robbie Williams

Let Me Entertain You

Rock DJ

Feel

25. The Who

Won’t Get Fooled Again

Baba O’Riley

26. Pink Floyd

Money

Comfortably Numb

Wish You Were Here

27. Paul McCartney

Get Back

Drive My Car duet with George Michael

The Long And Winding Road

FINALE

Macca & all the acts

Hey Jude

*To be confirmed

u2 at live 8

sgt pepper (with the beatles guy)
beautiful day
vertigo
one
unchained melody

awwwwwwwwwwesome

Live8 Performance

WOW WOW WOW...

Not much can be said after that performance....

1. Sgt. Pepper's (together with Macca)
2. Beautiful Day
3. Vertigo
4. One

During Vertigo the screen showed the usual graphics (red circles). During one, the 'streets' graphics (African flags) were shown.

crap, my connection was down! did you see it online or on tv?

does anyone know if aol will be showing this again at 12:04pm? i could've sworn i read that somewhere!

anyway, pretty cool set, glad to see one-->unchained melody. vertigo's kind of wierd, but, whatever.

cant wait to see it!

White doves are released into the air during the performance of "Beautiful Day"

one didnt end with the edge's and bono's lalalala-ing but with the more often used do you hear me coming.....etc.

im confused cos aol had this schedule listed

Here is the Philadelphia broadcast rundown (times are approximate):

12:04 p.m. ET - Paul McCartney and U2 live from London
12:14 - Black Eyed Peas
12:33 - Bon Jovi
12:54 - Madonna live from London
1:00 - Destiny's Child
1:16 - Kanye West
1:30 - Will Smith
1:50 - Coldplay live from London
1:56 - Toby Keith
2:13 - Dave Matthews Band
2:40 - Alicia Keys
2:52 - Def Leppard
3:10 - Linkin Park and Jay-Z
3:50 - Tim McGraw live from Rome
3:56 - Sarah McLachlan
4:11 - Maroon5
4:28 - Green Day live from Berlin
4:34 - Keith Urban
4:48 - Jars of Clay
4:56 - Pink Floyd live from London
5:00 - Rob Thomas
5:21 - Stevie Wonder

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000972340

but apparently i missed it. :sad: MTV better not butcher their performance, dammit!!!

I'm in the US,am I incredibly stupid and missed it, or will I get to see this at 12 when VH1 starts its broadcast? I'm trying to watch it via AOL but I somehow missed U2. weird....If I did miss it, where can I get a video clip of U2's concert online?

I watched it. Snippets of Blackbird (Bono looking and smiling at the side of the stage, possibly McCartney was watching them) and Unchained melody, also "see the world in green and blue" is changed to mention the places of Live8 shows.

Cool intro with McCartney (and no, U2 wasn't wearing sgt pepper clothes. but 3 people with horns on stage did).

Somewhat stagewise subdued Bono (audibly moved by the event) on Beautiful day, but he was in rock star mode allright by the time Vertigo came on. Cool start with "hello hello" shouts between him and the crowd.

Speech from Africa preceded One, (I was sure they were going to play City of blinding lights, what Edge played during Bono's speech sounded very similar to that song) and Bono grinned for obvious reasons at the "I need your love" line in Unchained melody.

Aired live, 6am in western canada - 9 am in eastern.

U2 has set the bar for the London show.

Did I hear an f-bomb from bono during the "just give me what I want" part?

u2fp

I believe that MTV will begin airing at 12:00 noon eastern time, and will continue all day. This is in response to Matt's question.

What a great job they did. I had the concert up in video on AOLMusic.com then lost the audio, then could not get back in and had to go to BBC1 Radio, so came in about halfway through Beautiful Day. They were awesome. Guess I'll have to wait to see the video :( Bono sounded great afterward, wish they could have talked with him longer, but in a rush to get to Austria.

That was an awesome performance. They set the bar really, really high for the whole concert. It was just perfect, I even shed a few tears during One because it just captured the whole mood of the day so well...

I know, I just can't wait to see the video of it. Have about another 1 1/2 hours to wait until MTV starts to air it. Can't wait!! The audio sounded great though. Bono was in such a rush though, didn't have time to really talk with the interviewer from BBC 1. It's a shame they didn't get to stay and enjoy the day there at Hyde Park. After all, they've been so much a part in raising awareness of this issue.

I think what he did was amazing. It makes me feel good to love a band who is so "human". I love what Bono does for all of Africa. I love that he believes so strongly for his cause and uses all of his power to achieve goals. Look what his dedication has brought today. His efforts will make such a significant change to these people of Africa.

I know this sounds so retarted and stupid but I am so awed by his commitment and dedication to this cause and I truly believe because of Bono it is really going to make a difference.

I can't wait to see the performance he must feel great.

I really feel ashamed of U2 now, really. They went with a typical performance for every event they have to attend.
They´ve played those songs countless times before, and I don´t know why the f*** they can´t change !!!!!!!!! If you U2 were a quite unknown band playing for the first time at this event, nobody would pay attention to this band, really. Just compare with that out of body version of Bad at Live Aid 1985.

After that performance, many people became U2 fans, but after this performance... :

Bono sang like s***, he sounded rough and weak, and the setlist was horrible. They spoiled their chance and they sounded tired, weak and boring. The thing most I really hate about their performance was the fact that it sounded and looked just like any other U2 performance from Elevation or Vertigo Tour. Nothing memorable, nothing hystorical, nothing like Live Aid 1985.

The snippet of Blackbird was shameful, as well those screams at the end of Beautiful Day. The band made a noticeable mistake at the beginig of Vertigo. In the middle part of Vertigo Bono sounded really awful. Overall it was an evening to forget, really.

Anyway, if you still want to have that s*** unforgivable performance, here´s the link

http://savefile.com/filehost/projects.php?pid=646190

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom