MERGED--> All New Prop/U2.com Membership Discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is run by fanfire - but as its probably the only way to get presale tickets - what can you do?
you can purchase the fanclub offer on the shop part of the microsite
I'm trying to be hopeful that it will turn out okay now that all of u2's fan club base will be online
crosses fingers...

U2.Com To Relaunch, This Week
Watch Out! U2.Com will relaunch this week with a brand new all-singing all-dancing Membership Site alongside a redesigned free-to-browse site.

The free-to-browse site will continue to be first with the most accurate U2 news on what U2 are up to – from record releases to appearances and touring schedule, along with a new community area.
But now that practically all subscribers to Propaganda (the band’s long-running official fanzine) are registered with U2.Com (a staggering 98%), we’re bidding goodbye to our much-loved off-line magazine.

With the launch of our subscription site, the kind of special offers and inside track on U2 that was the watchword of Propaganda Magazine will go online. Membership of the subscription site carries a $40 p.a fee - current Propaganda subscribers can join for $20 p.a.

Membership benefits of the new site include:

- guaranteed priority ticket booking for the 2005 tour
- U2.Com membership card in silver, red and black
- an ‘@U2.Com’ email address
- rare and archive video
- special downloads
- on-the-road reports and diaries from the 2005 World Tour
- exclusive interviews with band members
- Zootopia discussion areas
- digital content including screen savers, on-line calendar and other tools.
- 25% discount on first purchase from the U2.Com Shop

The old U2 site, for all its slackness in any meaningful news, did have a lot of good U2 videos (esp. rare and unseen). On the new site, I wonder if you want to access the same things as before, you will have to pay for them?

I'll pay my $40 (or whatever that is in ££), because I am a sucker for all things U2... just hope its worth the £$€

$40 is a pretty good deal for all that. You know the Stones were charging $150-$300 to join their exclusive club online. I don't think that even included ticket priority. That was just to download the same songs they've played for the past 25 years.

ultrraviolette said:
I signed up a few minutes ago, can't wait to see what's in store!

What part of the site do you need to go to, to sign up? at the moment its horrible and difficult to navigate around (at least on my computer, scrolling down is virtually impossible!)... damm designers need to be shot!

I signed up too. Hey victor, I think they'll send us a packet of some sort. They gave me no option. It was just like buying any other type of merchindise online (shirt, poster). I'm paying the $40 so I don't have buy tickets from a broker again. What a nightmare.

No info so far, just an e-mail confirming my order. I'm expecting all the info will be in the packet by mail, which has a membership card and the like. I'll post once I hear anything else! :yes:

This is the best $40 any U2 fan can spend. Tickets are going to be a nightmare this tour without ticket priority. I hope we can at least get 4 this time.

zoopop said:
$40 is a pretty good deal for all that. You know the Stones were charging $150-$300 to join their exclusive club online. I don't think that even included ticket priority. That was just to download the same songs they've played for the past 25 years.

This is true! I know Prince's site used to be $100 for membership, but they cut the price down because it was just too expensive. :huh:

Party Boy said:

What part of the site do you need to go to, to sign up? at the moment its horrible and difficult to navigate around (at least on my computer, scrolling down is virtually impossible!)... damm designers need to be shot!

Go to the U2 store. You have to "Add to cart" then check out.

Has anyone from UK signed up?

Do you just do it as normal and the $40 gets converted or do we have to wait:huh:

I signed up as well, and was like "Ok..now what?" lol

Yea...guess a packet will be coming :)

"guaranteed priority ticket booking for the 2005 tour"

Will this guarente me a ticket if I want to see U2? I heard Propaganda is excellent when it comes to this.

Boozyuzi said:
Is this fan club for the US only then ??

There is no mention of price for UK or Ireland fans.

Pretty shabby really.

Very true... clearly aimed at US market. Very strange and not a very competent way to start a new website!

Guess I'll wait till new site is up and running - hopefully will have better info regarding costs etc for us in Europe.

well considering the tour priority is really the main draw and the US is the first leg, they just may have not made the membership available for other countries yet.

zoopop said:
"guaranteed priority ticket booking for the 2005 tour"

Will this guarente me a ticket if I want to see U2? I heard Propaganda is excellent when it comes to this.

Nothing guarantees you a ticket, it guarantees you a chance at a priority ticketing (probably onsale before the regular onsale dates) and to buy your tickets through U2.com. Once they sell out, they're sold out and the liklihood of first day or hell first hour sellouts for every show is almost a given.

Back
Top Bottom