LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not exactly hard to ignore the guy though is it?

No, suppose not. I guess I just thought he was an embarrassment to himself and the site. Grand scheme of things, it's not important, he'll get bored.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A guy named Mike F says on Twitter :U2's new album, titled U2: Still Rockin Out and Killin It, is rumored by members of the band to be their best and most mature work to date.

I think he means a new Status QUO- album. If u2 is using this title for a new album then they are definately lost. Keep it with Siren or Sirens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think he means a new Status QUO- album. If u2 is using this title for a new album then they are definately lost. Keep it with Siren or Sirens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Dude, don't feed the troll. Once you do, they don't leave.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wonder if U2.com will start ramping up the news in the coming weeks.. start building momentum

remember how the two months before Invisible had regular interviews/blurbs and eventually teasers for new music. LA Times may get the first scoop, again

also, it's very possible we'll get a stream of a new song, before the first single.. as is very much the way of things, these days.

something U2 did with NLOTH II, as well..

Keep an eye on Bono and his activities (if that's possible without venturing into PLEBA land). :wink: That will be the surest sign of whether a release is coming or not.

I got my eye on Bono.

Bono-Facelift--82117.jpg

Thats freaky fuckin shit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I was driving out in the country in my sports car yesterday with the roof off, listening to The Last Shadow Puppets, when i noticed a strange muddy puddle off to the side of the road near a stop sign adjacent to famous redneck singers massive estate.

I thought to myself, well i dont remember what i thought, but i pulled off of the road over by the murky red water with a few green weeds growing out of the center. This was a large puddle, a pond sized affair, due to recent rains in the area.

I took my glasses off even though the sun wasnt yet behind the clouds. I wanted so bad to be home on my patio drinking up Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc, watching birds floating abov me and planes flying above them, with the clouds somewhere in between.

In the giant clay pond with green weeds i thought i saw life coming to the surface. I would get out of my penis-mobile and shuffle over to the waters edge to get a better look. Hands reaching up out of the water begging for help, could it be? Or hands reaching out inviting me to join for an afternoon swim...quicksand.

The reflection of the sky overhead slowly morphed from clouds passing the suns message to a field of angry cows who refused to give milk. The cows were telling me something in the mysterious water but i could not hear them from the sound of the locusts in the high trees above me.

I had started to sweat without losing my cool, so i had to leave them all in their brick soup, and make my way back home to the patio jungle and ice cold ale.

Later on last night i would make an emergency phone call for a desperate mother in a frantic state, grasping her baby for all that she could. I watched the first responders come to her aid from afar, a highway separated us, but i somehow heard her and it appeared all ended up well. Quite scary but luckily she is fine now.

Just another day in life's unraveling twisty road, we never know what we will find when we take to the trail.

I was really suprised to u2 on this

Ozzy Osbourne vs. U2 - Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame, Round One

Are u2 now considered classic rock??:)

Ozzy is crushing U2 in this poll - and it might be for the very reason you stated. U2 may not have had any monster hits with NLOTH, but they've had success in the past 10 years, whereas Ozzy has not. In other words, Ozzy, starting in the 60's with Black Sabbath, is considered "classic" while U2 is still a bit too active for that status yet.

Of course, there's other things going on there too - including the perception of Ozzy being more "cool" even though no one understands anything he says.

Yeah, a bad joke, I know.

But seriously, I care about issues like violence against women and abuse a lot and I don't want to see Bono in a picture with someone like Chris Brown, no matter if it's at a party or anywhere else. He should have just said NO to him. It doesn't fit in with what he or U2 stand for in any way and Brown shouldn't be given any opportunity to suck up to Bono. That's my opinion. Now go on with the discussion of U2's new album (if there even is one).

And yet it's ok that the "in joke" around here is to suggest the new album is called Donkey Punch. I can here the immature giggles whenever someone writes it. Not funny at all.

"Nervous tittering" has a better ring to it..

Also, unintentional irony ftw - perhaps our biggest protest to the Donkey Punch In Joke thus far comes from none other than someone who saw fit to name him/herself "arsecrack" :lol:

There is a beer brewery in my town that briefly called themselves Donkey Punch brewery and eventually changed the name.

Somebody on Twitter should ask that Paul Moss guy about U2. He supposedly has all the upcoming release dates for the fall. He even suggested the October 6th option a week or two ago.

I don't understand the concept of Trolls and Trolling. Why not other posts on here consider to be not troll. Is life just not fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom