LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... Bono actually compared this imaginary album of his to Kind of Blue and A Love Supreme? I forgot that little gem.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Thanks for the insight

I misread the title of this thread as "1980 Since Bono Announced Songs Of Ascent". Keeping fans hanging for 34 years? Now that would be impressive even by Bono standards :wink:

ALBUM SONG TITLE SPECULATION -

The Edge mentioned in an interview earlier this year that the album will have a strong Dublin connection and related themes...

This morning on U2 Valencia, a post asks if "U2 were to name a song title after a "place" in Dublin what would it be...?"

:hmm:

U2 is definitely NOT releasing their album in October...Titanic ADELE unleashes her Iceberg third album...

Music Times

Why do people think that an artist in a totally different genre will have any influence over release dates? And to say they won't release at all that MONTH??

People will shell out an extra 10 bucks if the songs are good. They aren't getting a number 1 regardless of timing anyway.

Why do people think that an artist in a totally different genre will have any influence over release dates? And to say they won't release at all that MONTH??

People will shell out an extra 10 bucks if the songs are good. They aren't getting a number 1 regardless of timing anyway.

U2 will want the limelight to themselves. They will want to be on magazine covers and whatnot. That's less likely to happen if they release within a short span of another major artist.

I know that the belief that U2 will operate this way gets made fun of a lot here, but I honestly can't figure out why. Of course U2 will go out of their way to maximize their exposure to the world. They always have.

That said, another artist's release probably won't block off an entire month. But certainly some period of time. Adele's album will dominate discussion once it is released.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 will want the limelight to themselves. They will want to be on magazine covers and whatnot. That's less likely to happen if they release within a short span of another major artist.

I know that the belief that U2 will operate this way gets made fun of a lot here, but I honestly can't figure out why. Of course U2 will go out of their way to maximize their exposure to the world. They always have.

That said, another artist's release probably won't block off an entire month. But certainly some period of time. Adele's album will dominate discussion once it is released.

I agree with you Digi, this is exactly what I was insinuating in my post

U2 are very sensitive to competition...no matter what genre an artist is involved in, they will demand full attention and spotlight. As far as Limelight and record sales, ADELE WILL overshadow them immensely if they release the same month she does...no matter how awesome their new album is. Adele is just a mass Phenomenon in her own league and will destroy everything in her path...so they should plan their release at least 4 weeks after hers...:reject:

Release it in August! No competition right now it'll go to #1 easily!

U2 didn't spend YEARS working on this album to NOT go to #1 in every country in the world. Believe that.

Release it in August! No competition right now it'll go to #1 easily!

U2 didn't spend YEARS working on this album to NOT go to #1 in every country in the world. Believe that.

Yeah, I just don't understand why they would wait so long to release the album and possibly interfere with another artist's release. I know they would want to release in November, maybe as close to Black Friday as possible, to dominate sales.

Or, release in a month or week where they would be able to dominate the market. If they really want the #1 and undivided attention, they should be monitoring surrounding album releases and work from there. But before all of that, they need to release that first single.

U2 are very sensitive to competition...no matter what genre an artist is involved in, they will demand full attention and spotlight. As far as Limelight and record sales, ADELE WILL overshadow them immensely if they release the same month she does...no matter how awesome their new album is. Adele is just a mass Phenomenon in her own league and will destroy everything in her path...so they should plan their release at least 4 weeks after hers...:reject:

It's the fall, there will be a major release every week from end of September to Christmas, that's just the norm. And U2 will not risk another spring release. Saying Adele will dominate a whole month is silly. Will they avoid releasing that very week? Yeah, probably, but not the whole month.

Hello!!!

I saw the Vancouver thing in Nick's facebook

If that's true, I'm definitely going
Save me a spot!

:wave:

PS: all I need is a place to stay. Anyone from Vancouver? :p

ALBUM SONG TITLE SPECULATION -

The Edge mentioned in an interview earlier this year that the album will have a strong Dublin connection and related themes...

This morning on U2 Valencia, a post asks if "U2 were to name a song title after a "place" in Dublin what would it be...?"

:hmm:

North-side?

U2 is definitely NOT releasing their album in October...Titanic ADELE unleashes her Iceberg third album...

Music Times

I'm in ur month, screwing with ur release plans!

ku-medium_zps69b820e5.gif

Yeah that's true ! What the hell has become of this video shot almost a full YEAR ago ??

Was this shot for a song that was scrapped too...? :crack:

Remember U2 was gearing up to release the album and as quotes showed earlier this year they decided not to do it for whatever reason (lack of interest in Invisible/2nd album not done/Don't like Danger Mouse direction/Invisible was only song finished). We still don't have the official reason as to what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom