LP13: (Non) Event Horizon: Choose Your Own Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I think the side status bar on the Samsung device looks cool. I don't like that it's on the right side. I generally use my right hand a lot which would defeat the purpose of having that side view. I'd have to switch hands.

BOW BEFORE THE LEFTIES!!!!

While you can, since we're going to die before you, anyways.

what would actually be pretty cool and different is the iPhone launch event just playing a snippet of the new song in the background, without calling attention to it....stirring up more of a frenzy and speculation....and then later in the day the song popping up on iTunes.

I think what we'll see is a commercial that features the new song, and an announcement that the song will be available on iTunes starting now. That's about it.

I hope that's all it is really. I just get worried if there is a "performance" Too much could go wrong. An unrehearsed U2 pretty much sealed the fate of POP. Even in the face of great music, it floundered because of a botched roll-out. Hopefully this LOOOOONG delay has them prepared to do whatever they need to do, seamlessly.

My hope is with all the filming they've done, that it will feature video spots, not live performance

We're getting new music from U2 in the next week/month(s). And people are worried.

Hey, I love the band. And knowing their time with us is getting less and less. I hope they succeed. I can't wait to hear the new music. It's killin me. Just hoping for stronger than Invisible material, and I hope they have a really cool roll out. I feel positive about both. But I always gotta have a little nagging feeling.

I'm sure if there is a performance it won't be full band, probably a acoustic version with just Bono and The Edge.

I wouldn't think it's the best way to sell the new single/album & launch a new era with a toned down half band acoustic performance.

Hey, I love the band. And knowing their time with us is getting less and less. I hope they succeed. I can't wait to hear the new music. It's killin me. Just hoping for stronger than Invisible material, and I hope they have a really cool roll out. I feel positive about both. But I always gotta have a little nagging feeling.

agreed

U2Israel just posted on Twitter that the event in Flint starts at 10 a.m. on Sept. 9th.

So I guess that's news. It had the tag line "Wish we could say more."

We're getting new music from U2 in the next week/month(s). And people are worried.

To be fair we have just cause.

We know the band are desperate for relevancy. Whether that translates into a bland MOR record or something that genuinely kicks our ass remains to be heard.

Worried about what?

The only thing I'm worried about is if the music will be any good.

I frankly don't care if they release the record on the iPhone, Beats, as a free download, the traditional way or include it inside cereal box. As long as the music's good, I'm cool with it. (Though if they do go the digital only route, I hope there's a lossless version made available)

And if the music sucks, it won't much matter to me how they release it either. All this other stuff matters a great deal to them, but as a fan, all I care about is the music.

If this is actually happening, it could be a mini concert with just Edge and Bono. Maybe a rough acoustic version of the single with Desire and/or something else. If you build a stage, you might as well play a couple. :D

Worried about what?

The only thing I'm worried about is if the music will be any good.

I frankly don't care if they release the record on the iPhone, Beats, as a free download, the traditional way or include it inside cereal box. As long as the music's good, I'm cool with it. (Though if they do go the digital only route, I hope there's a lossless version made available)

And if the music sucks, it won't much matter to me how they release it either. All this other stuff matters a great deal to them, but as a fan, all I care about is the music.

I classify a lot of the previous pages as worry -- worried if U2 shits the bed if they perform live, worried about blowback from selling out, etc. I don't even worry if the music sucks. If it does, then I'll just listen to the U2 albums and songs that I like. I'm sure I'll find something to like on this album; even on their lesser albums, there's still gems for me.

it's all about the music, bottom line...don't care who they partner with or don't partner with.

just give me some great music, they are capable !:drool:

BwonvDYCEAAUMqu.jpg

:wink:

https://twitter.com/kellyeddington/status/507261599636131840/photo/1

If this is actually happening, it could be a mini concert with just Edge and Bono. Maybe a rough acoustic version of the single with Desire and/or something else. If you build a stage, you might as well play a couple. :D

Exactly, and that big of a stage for an accoustic Bono/Edge rendition seems over the top for what it's designed for...

I agree that it's all about the music. I think what people are worried about is the fact that U2 might be pursuing relevance on the strength of their relationship with Apple, rather than on the strength of the music itself. If it really happens, this 9/9 event will automatically give them a certain degree of the "relevance" they so desperately desire. It's going to be a huge event with tremendous buzz. It won't matter what the music sounds like. They'll be relevant for a while, and that's all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm a believer. Despite U2's lack of confidence, I think they're still capable of musical greatness. We shall see.

10507021_773980675979139_1329529399287515862_o.jpg

Multiple facebook/twitter U2 fan pages have posted this. Nothing necessarily referencing U2, but whatever...

ETA: Nevermind, that was put out by Apple, not anyone with insider info.

I agree that it's all about the music. I think what people are worried about is the fact that U2 might be pursuing relevance on the strength of their relationship with Apple, rather than on the strength of the music itself. If it really happens, this 9/9 event will automatically give them a certain degree of the "relevance" they so desperately desire. It's going to be a huge event with tremendous buzz. It won't matter what the music sounds like. They'll be relevant for a while, and that's all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm a believer. Despite U2's lack of confidence, I think they're still capable of musical greatness. We shall see.

I believe this too. They did it twice already (albeit 2 decades ago) they can do it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom