LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will anyone take a guess why U2 is being so hush about this album.

Its pretty remarkable they've been this quiet and no one is really talking too many details. Just Bono's interview earlier this year.

the more you reveal, the more you need you're expected to own up to..

case in point - claiming a song has "the mother of all rock and roll" riffs

As we are talking about Pop.... Looks like Eve is a pop fan too
‘The Knick’ Star Eve Hewson on Being Bono’s Daughter and Injecting Cocaine Into Clive Owen’s Penis - The Daily Beast

So I would be remiss if I didn’t ask you before you go what your favorite U2 song is.

Oh, God. Favorite song… “Discotheque.”

Interesting. Why?

Because have you seen that music video? It is the most ridiculous one that I’d ever seen. They’re singing in a disco ball and have a routine like they’re in a boyband. It’s amazing.

Confirmed rumor: U2 hates Pop, U2 hates Bono's daughter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Noone outside of hardcore fans ever recognizes what the hell I'm talking about if I mention that U2 went on a lil tangent in the 90s and did Passengers. The vast majority of the U2-listening planet believes U2's 90s tangent was Pop.

The majority of the u2 listening planet probably believes that Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room are in fact U2 songs from REAL soundtrack albums. The even more casual fans probably figure they are just deep album cuts from Zooropa/Pop or b-sides.

Ultimately the next one is LP13, it does not matter what we think as fans. The fact the band did not release OSV1 as a U2 album is what precludes it from being one. Case closed.

On that note, how amazing would it be if we got a new U2 album followed shortly by OSV2? :drool: I'm not a huge fan of OSV1 as a whole but there are 4 tracks in particular that I prefer over just about anything on the next 2 U2 albums.

But Damn, those were the good old days, 4 proper U2 albums, 1 "out there" side project and a few decent sound track singles within an 11 year window.

??

clyde-header-ii2.jpg

Bonos daughter creeps me out.

Me too. She's waaayy too self-confident in my opinion. She's acting like Fallon is an old bro of her, same with Sean Penn and anybody else in the showbiz i guess, i don't like that, when many other young actors struggle in life.

Me too. She's waaayy too self-confident in my opinion. She's acting like Fallon is an old bro of her, same with Sean Penn and anybody else in the showbiz i guess, i don't like that, when many other young actors struggle in life.

She does know these people, and yes she's a nepotist but that is par for the course in Hollywood. A lot of successful actors/actresses have showbiz parents and get the best advice.

she's dead-on accurate about this:

What’s great about Hollywood is that it is so cutthroat, and it really fucking doesn’t matter who you are. If you’re not right for the part, you’re not right the part. No director is going to sacrifice their film because they want someone’s famous kid in it for a headline. That’s what I love about Steven, too. He doesn’t give a shit. At all.

Noone outside of hardcore fans ever recognizes what the hell I'm talking about if I mention that U2 went on a lil tangent in the 90s and did Passengers. The vast majority of the U2-listening planet believes U2's 90s tangent was Pop.

Exactly. The peak of 76 on the US charts says it all. If the name U2 were slapped on it, enough casual shoppers in record stores (which still did exist in 1995 kids) would have seen it and bought it to chart much higher than that. Most of the general public (then and now) has no idea about the project whatsoever.

Here's the album chart info from Wiki:

Chart (1995)

Peak position

Australian Albums (ARIA)

Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)

Canadian Albums

Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)

Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)

New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ)

Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)

UK Albums

US Billboard 200

I don't recall anyone considering it a U2 album in the media or on radio.

God,if that were a u2 album from 85 onwards performance they would be finished.

Can u imagine if the new album performs like that.

Spiteful comment. Jealousy is a bitch I guess.

U2 always works till the last minute on albums.

They were working on NLOTH just a few weeks before Boots dropped.

So nothing new. But it would be nice to just have something done.

But have a feeling we'll get a generic "this has to be right" comment and delay

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom