LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm over my crushing, bitter realm of disappointment and back to being excited for Invisible.

I'm over my crushing, bitter realm of disappointment and back to being excited for Invisible.

I'm about 25% there. As of yesterday I hadn't even planned on listening to the song. But I'm getting there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

A guy was traveling through Wyoming recently in a 10 year old pickup truck in the late afternoon. Guy, a 50 year old health nut who works out daily and is totally sober, was driving through a remote and beautiful area of the country where mountains kiss spectacular sunsets and roads are laid out for miles and miles. As he drove down the never-ending highway he got a bit of a chill when the temperatures outside dropped with the sun. He rolled up the windows, which he had down to keep fresh air in the cab so he wouldn't drift off to sleep. The local radio stations had already faded out so he began to recite old stories to himself to try and stay alert. The sunset reflections on the mountaintops were mesmerizing.

Then he noticed a speck up in the distance in the road ahead. At first he wasn't sure what it was, possibly a sign of some sort, maybe an animal? As he got closer it appeared to move, tall and lean, it had to be human. Guy slowed down and made out a slender figure hitchhiking in the road ahead. Guy normally didn't pick up hitchikers as the world we live in dictates to us we shouldn't. But this time he slowed down to take a look at the figure in the silhouette. It well dressed and clean cut, a nice looking young man standing in the middle of nowhere highway Wyoming. So he stopped and let the young man in the truck.

The young man's face was mostly hidden by the large cowboy hat, his jeans new and his shirt pressed, he hopped into the truck with Guy and was very soft spoken and polite. Guy tried to make conversation with the young man but he mostly would nod and stare out the truck window at the free show nature had provided. Guy had noticed a smell of dirt in the cabin of his truck, which began to grow stronger, so he looked the young man over but didn't see anything dirty on his new clothes or boots. He finally asked the young man if he smelled the earthy smell, when the young man looked directly towards him for the first time. To his horror, the right side of the young man's face was missing; blown off, rotted away, just completely gone.

Guy slammed on the brakes of the truck and skidded to a stop...the young man floated in an instant out of the front windshield of the truck and disappeared....gone into dusk in the middle of nothing. Guy got out of the truck and looked around, there was no sign of the young man anywhere, he had completely vanished. He looked back inside the truck and there was no sign of anyone had even ridden in the truck with him, the seat had no indentation in it, the windshield was still intact, no strange smell. Then he looked at the passenger floorboard of the truck and there on the mat it laid, a tiny little speck of the western earth, or dirt.

wow what?? ??? ??? :scratch::confused::confused::reject::hug:

Rolling Stone just published a little Q&A with James Mercer, Danger Mouse's partner in Broken Bells, where this exchange took place:

RS: Would he take breaks to work on the U2 record? Was he thinking of that at the same time as working on that record?
JM: Yeah, he definitely was going back and forth. It was kind of fun to be able to hear the works in progress of U2 because I was such a huge fan of theirs in high school.

RS: How's it sounding?
JM: It sounds awesome. It sounds really cool. It was kind of cool to hear that they record in a very similar way to the way that I work, where you improvise and try your best to come up with melodies and stuff but you don't have any lyrics.

RS: I can't wait to hear what he does with them.
JM: Me too. I'm so hoping it's going to do well for both parties. I think it would be great to be a hit.

RS: Is he going to do the whole record with them?
JM: Apparently they've done just tons of material. Apparently that whole first record is just Brian's work.

:hmm:

"First record..." Does that imply that there is more than one? No, that's too much to hope for.

More specifically, does it really represent a "new phase" of U2, with a completely reinvented sound ala TUF, AB and ATYCLB? (which I hope)

Please, that!

They already went with a "don't change a winning approach", and while they achieved a lot of success for a good part of the 2000's, and I loved their output, I still hope there's a new vein in them. I think this is the time when that is hoped by everyone, I'd say even required by some. And the songwriting, of course.

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.If Invisible isn't well received by the average joe music fans,the band will not be able to get their attention back for the suppose "real" lead single.

"Forget Ordinary love,forget Invisible,but this one..THIS ONE, you gonna like it,though".

Invisible better deliver, because most people won't see it as a warm up song.

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.If Invisible isn't well received by the average joe music fans,the band will not be able to get their attention back for the suppose "real" lead single.

"Forget Ordinary love,forget Invisible,but this one..THIS ONE, you gonna like it,though".

Invisible better deliver, because most people it won't see it as a warm up song.

I think if the song flops, we're looking at another year at least before we hear from the band again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

A guy was traveling through Wyoming recently in a 10 year old pickup truck in the late afternoon. Guy, a 50 year old health nut who works out daily and is totally sober, was driving through a remote and beautiful area of the country where mountains kiss spectacular sunsets and roads are laid out for miles and miles. As he drove down the never-ending highway he got a bit of a chill when the temperatures outside dropped with the sun. He rolled up the windows, which he had down to keep fresh air in the cab so he wouldn't drift off to sleep. The local radio stations had already faded out so he began to recite old stories to himself to try and stay alert. The sunset reflections on the mountaintops were mesmerizing.

Then he noticed a speck up in the distance in the road ahead. At first he wasn't sure what it was, possibly a sign of some sort, maybe an animal? As he got closer it appeared to move, tall and lean, it had to be human. Guy slowed down and made out a slender figure hitchhiking in the road ahead. Guy normally didn't pick up hitchikers as the world we live in dictates to us we shouldn't. But this time he slowed down to take a look at the figure in the silhouette. It well dressed and clean cut, a nice looking young man standing in the middle of nowhere highway Wyoming. So he stopped and let the young man in the truck.

The young man's face was mostly hidden by the large cowboy hat, his jeans new and his shirt pressed, he hopped into the truck with Guy and was very soft spoken and polite. Guy tried to make conversation with the young man but he mostly would nod and stare out the truck window at the free show nature had provided. Guy had noticed a smell of dirt in the cabin of his truck, which began to grow stronger, so he looked the young man over but didn't see anything dirty on his new clothes or boots. He finally asked the young man if he smelled the earthy smell, when the young man looked directly towards him for the first time. To his horror, the right side of the young man's face was missing; blown off, rotted away, just completely gone.

Guy slammed on the brakes of the truck and skidded to a stop...the young man floated in an instant out of the front windshield of the truck and disappeared....gone into dusk in the middle of nothing. Guy got out of the truck and looked around, there was no sign of the young man anywhere, he had completely vanished. He looked back inside the truck and there was no sign of anyone had even ridden in the truck with him, the seat had no indentation in it, the windshield was still intact, no strange smell. Then he looked at the passenger floorboard of the truck and there on the mat it laid, a tiny little speck of the western earth, or dirt.

I was thinking for a second that the nice dressed man was going to turn to Guy and tell him he had just had an accident inside his pants.

Even better - they have a special EnoLanois signal to flash in the sky.

bono-macphisto-batman.jpg

:wink:

Wow, this is what? The third time you've said this... We get it, YOU don't think you're wrong.

But Rolling Stone asking him about Ordinary Love, a song that's already been out for awhile makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You may not think you're wrong, but reality probably disagrees with you.

No need for the attitude; and it was the second time I posted it because it got lost in the end of the last thread.

Rolling Stone did not "ask him about OL"; they were asking about the recording process with DM and if he heard any of it.

What he answered leaves us with a slim hope that maybe there will be more than one record, and that at least one IS already done with DM.....or if you look at it another way, he's talking about OL.

I'd say it's 50/50 either way, and no I wouldn't bet on my theory being correct. But I wouldn't bet on a double album or two albums this year either.

Back
Top Bottom