LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to share this. I looked up for the words "U2 announcement" on Twitter, to see if some insider had to say something, and a Japanese 'Under Armour' profile popped up. :lmao:

Destined to protect this house.

you know.. I wouldnt be surprised if Adele were the guest vocal on Song for Someone...

A cross "client" collab from the hands of Epworth ? Why not !

EPWORTH : Hey guys, Adele just dropped by to visit...
BONO : You Serious ?
EDGE : Get outta here !
ADAM (nearly faints)
LARRY (slightly grins)

ADELE: Hello lads, I've brought some doughnuts from the bakery... what you are up to ?

BONO: (Gulps) DOUGHNUTS ? Uhmmm...(Mouthful) Trying to mix a "Song for Someone"...Would you give us the honor of singing on this ?

ADELE: Let's have fun !

EPWORTH: You're on...

You're such a comedian

If you want quality comedy, we should commission CORI to create animated short films featuring The band in various funny situations based on latest news / jokes made on interference

There is a great Cartoonist @u2 site that does this...but an animated one would be a lot cooler

I love Adele's voice, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, next thing we know someone will be running with the story in the press. We don't even know if there really is a "duet".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hear that Bono was fired and replaced with Adele.

It's officially mid July.....not a word......the clock is now ticking just a little faster.

I love Adele's voice, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, next thing we know someone will be running with the story in the press. We don't even know if there really is a "duet".

Does anyone else crack up when Adele, she of the beautiful sultry voice, gets up at award shows to talk and her speaking voice is all cockney and shit?

Does anyone else crack up when Adele, she of the beautiful sultry voice, gets up at award shows to talk and her speaking voice is all cockney and shit?

Totally ! She's hilarious. The spoken voice and the singing is miles apart from each other...I was suprised when she started her Royal Albert Hall gig (DVD) by telling the crowd "Royal Fucking Albert Hall !!"

Maybe they don't have a title. Gwen and Madge aren't announcing anything either, maybe U2 want to be the last to create buzz. :heart:

Could it be Kelis doing backing vocals on 'Song For Someone'? I appreciated her vocals being featured on Duran Duran's 'The Man Who Stole A Leopard'. :hmm:

Should I cancel my holidays starting on Friday? I might miss the most important announcement of my life. I'm scared. What to do? :uhoh: :shrug:

Unfortunately, a lot of the hype for the eventual new album has been lost - there was good momentum after Ordinary Love and Invisible. They need to do a very clever marketing strategy to revive it.

Should I cancel my holidays starting on Friday? I might miss the most important announcement of my life. I'm scared. What to do? :uhoh: :shrug:

I wouldn't. Then again, I've been on vacation for a few weeks.

Unfortunately, a lot of the hype for the eventual new album has been lost - there was good momentum after Ordinary Love and Invisible. They need to do a very clever marketing strategy to revive it.

I agree. They should do like Coldplay did when promoting Ghost Stories - without any warning: release a promotional single, have the album secretly pop up on iTunes (or any other music service) for pre-order, with an instant download of the first single. Doesn't that get people on their feet again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom