Listen to "With Or Without You"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
this is the right time of night for it. 2am. Everything is calm and still. Go listen to it. It's a 2am type of tune. Pay attention to it for the first time in years.

The way it grows. From a beat, to a bass line, to a vocal, to that hurricane of a guitar line.

The whole tune is a swell. A musical bell curve.

Go, listen to it, pretend it's not 20 years old. Pretend it's a new piece of art you're appreciating for the first time.

Oh lordy.

It's fucking beautiful. :drool:

This is the song that hooked me on U2 many years ago. It's still my favorite.

What a flawless song, from bassline to drumbeat to guitars to vocals. It's also the most perfect piece of singing I've ever heard in modern music.

:drool:

The song inspires me eevry time i listen to it.

My favourite song of all time.

It really does sound best late at night or very very early morning.
Always manages to come on random at that time of night, it's god doing that I swear. :drool:

cinnaminson said:
My favorite thing to do is sit just in front of the stereo with my eyes closed and listen. I love how the music envelops you, it's the best way to listen to anything.:shh:

exactly

It is a gorgeous song... although my appreciation for it has waxed and waned over the years. I went through a stage where I had heard it so often that I didn't really hear it any more, if that makes sense. But after a while the sheer brilliance of it asserted itself again :)

I'm converting my mother to U2 fandom... she says WOWY is her favourite :up:

Even though I've known U2 since "Sunday Bloody Sunday" days, I didn't fall in love with the band until seeing WOWY from the Elevation Tour on MuchMoreMusic. The energy and raw emotion of that song and the way he sung it to that girl was awesome.

WOWY is by far my favorite song ever and not just by U2. The quiet, calm start, the building up. The singing in my opinion is some of the best Bono's done. He gives the song such a sense of longing and pain and love. :drool:

Definitely one of the greatest songs ever. Absolutely beautiful. The build-up is perfect.

sometimes this song makes me cry

Just got new headphones, so I re-ripped all my U2 albums at 320kbps. WOWY you is gorgeous. :drool:

its true that wowy needs to be played at special moments.

i dont think it always works well at the concerts.

yeah. the shitty part is when your neighbour comes hammering on your door shouting at you to turn of that shit.

U2Man said:
yeah. the shitty part is when your neighbour comes hammering on your door shouting at you to turn of that shit.

I'm in a house. :wink:

Loud as I like at 2am:drool:

The wife actually wears ear plugs when she sleeps. :ohmy:

I love her.

MrBrau1 said:

That's the best, isn't it?

Strong volume, some dancing, air guitar, some singing as well.

One of life's great joys.

Minus the air guitar and you are spot on.

We have no neighbours at weekends, they are all students and go home on Thursday or Friday. Bliss.

I remember hearing this on the radio in March 1987 while getting dressed for school. Totally stopped me in my tracks (well maybe from putting on my underwear).
Gave my cold chills. Never had heard anything that amazing in my life.
20 years later, I still get the same exact feeling. There is no song on planet earth that has moved me and affected my life like this song has.

Perfection.

i love being in a crowded place and just playin it loud enough that you dont hear anythin else and closin my eyes and just losin myself to the song and pretend im all alone...
*a*

yeah, that song just has a really special meaning for me, and only a few months ago was i able to listen to it without emotional torment...but now it's just amazing to me, funny how that stuff works

:huh:

Mogi said:
I remember hearing this on the radio in March 1987 while getting dressed for school. Totally stopped me in my tracks (well maybe from putting on my underwear).
Gave my cold chills. Never had heard anything that amazing in my life.
20 years later, I still get the same exact feeling. There is no song on planet earth that has moved me and affected my life like this song has.

Perfection.

I could have written that post word for word - right down to hearing it for the first time on the radio while getting dressed for school! (only in my case I was in my dorm room getting ready for my first university class of the day).

Sometimes I like to listen to it and remember what it was like to hear it for the very first time.

Back
Top Bottom