Listen to "With Or Without You"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's crazy isn't it? Song's that you thing are overplayed or worn out can really take up more space when you divorce yourself from them and listen to them on their own merits with a fresh mind.

Vertigo is due.

So is Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the tambourine part in the song. Maybe its because I'm a drummer, but it is so perfect when it kicks in.

Jeannieco said:
This song is genius. Just beautifully powerful. It makes me cry too.

really still is one of my very favorites....and it has to be just right live...not all the shows had the right vibe going for that song.

this thread makes me happy. :cute:
it also made me listen, really listen, to WOWY again, loud, and I realized it's been a long time since I've done that. This song gives me goosebumps, the way it builds is amazing and so unlike anything that came before.

I know how great this song is but i was waiting for the right time to play it... So on my way home in my car, just before midnight I decide to put it on... The Roads are quiet and it is dark... Beautiful!

Best recollection of this song for me is the first time I saw them on the JT Tour and Bono singing the "Shine Like Stars" part and looking at my girlfriend (at the time) and she looking at me with tears in her eyes sums up this song for me. It hits me on so many emotional levels it isn't even funny...... It makes me wonder how she's doing?

I played it really loud on my way to pick up my daughter from pre-school. Alone in my car is one of my favorite places to listen to music.

Even after all these years this song gives me chills and goosebumps---brilliant!

Still gives me chills as well. It fits the 2am atmosphere so well.... It's absolutely brilliant. They definitely know how to build momentum in a song.

And also, "we'll shine like stars in the summer night":heart:

Last edited:
^ omg dont go there, i will only cry.

i'd love u2 to go into the studio when they are at the end and re-record with or without with that snippet:drool:

gump said:
Still gives me chills as well. It fits the 2am atmosphere so well.... It's absolutely brilliant. They definitely know how to build momentum in a song.

And also, "we'll shine like stars in the summer night":heart:

I like the one from Rattle and Hum:love:

Back
Top Bottom